Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Neil; nearly 38, truck driver and Megane1 Ph2 driver. I've a feeling I'm going to be asking a fair few tech questions, as the Meg keeps going wrong in a million little ways, whilst never actually letting anyone down!
My soft spot for Renaults goes back to valeting them as a weekend job, while I was at school. That, and being granted a shot of my dad's mate's R5 Turbo, once I'd passed my test! My young mind was easily warped by the power, and it's never recovered...
Oh, and I nearly bought a Renault Premium tractor unit once, but that's another story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the handle's a result of several people calling me that, over the years. Broadly speaking, it's someone who skulks in the corner, and seems to appear/disappear at will. Which is me. That, and with the long hair and beard look I've sported for years, comparisons have been made to J.Christ himself.
Oddly, my other half did a portrait of me, which, while it was on display, elicited some praise from an old guy; he was impressed to see some new iconography. When Kay told him it was her other half, he looked a little upset, and muttered something about 'getting a bloody haircut'!
The Premium was a deal that went south due to some crossed wires. Like me, it was a cantankerous git, and it wormed its' way into my system. There was work available, and I knew a couple of owner-drivers, who implored me not to do it; I was itching to find out what the attraction was, after all they'd been doing it for years! A cheap truck I liked + potential work = win. Head ruled heart in the end, but I may do it someday. And a Renault will be on my wish list! By the time I get round to it, I might be able to afford a 2011 model. Only it won't be so shiny.

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts
That, and with the long hair and beard look I've sported for years, comparisons have been made to J.Christ himself.
I had a friend who sported the same look as you and I often called him Jesus, but he was a bit of a goth so I started calling him goth Jesus... original.. I know!! :rolleyes: :d
When Kay told him it was her other half, he looked a little upset, and muttered something about 'getting a bloody haircut'!
:rofl: She should have just let him believe it was a pic of Jesus who's hair length was obviously acceptable!! :d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts