Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could any one please try and explain the easiest way to put a normal music CD onto my i pod do i need to open i tunes or do i use real player your help would be grateful as my daughter is nipping my heed:d thanks Donald.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Donald

Not sure about the ipod but i use a cd ripper to convert cd audio to mp3 then copy to my mp3 player via the usb port.

There are lots of free downloads on the net for cd rippers my preference is dbpoweramp.

(glad to hear you saved the driveshaft. :) )

hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Easy job m8

1. start itunes
2. place cd in drive (you will be promteded with "add to itunes libary) click yes
3. repate above for other disc's
4. update ipod

all done

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Donald

Not sure about the ipod but i use a cd ripper to convert cd audio to mp3 then copy to my mp3 player via the usb port.

There are lots of free downloads on the net for cd rippers my preference is dbpoweramp.

(glad to hear you saved the driveshaft. :) )

hope this helps.

:) :)
Cheers yes all is great should be back on the road Wed evening:d :d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy job m8

1. start itunes
2. place cd in drive (you will be promteded with "add to itunes libary) click yes
3. repate above for other disc's
4. update ipod

all done
Thank you Morph sounds simple i will let know how i get on:d :d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Morph this is not happening when i tunes is up and on and i put the disc in it just asking me if i want to play on real player or others likes this but no sign of itunes at all????

How do i set i tunes as default player

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Hi Donald either open itunes from the start menu and it should ask if you want to make it default audio player, tick yes. If it does not ask you should be able to set it in itunes preferences. Failing that right click the cd icon and use "Open With" and select itunes and click the "always use" check box.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi again its a i pod nano 4GB, if my memory serves me right i used to just have to put the cd in the slot so to speak, and it asked me if i wanted to transfer music to my i pod????but this seems not to be happening anymore????i went to preferences but the option of default is not there???

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like real player has installed itself as default. With the cd in the drive, right click the drive icon and select open with, from the presented list select itunes but make sure you check the box for "always open with"
Hi yes thanks to all for helping but it looked like the real player had became the default player may be my daughters little fingers????how nows but its all back to normal again cheers Donald.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts