Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i was told by local renault dealer at the time of ordering my car on the 2nd of January 2007 that my car would be here by 1st March, i've still not had it and have been told that it would be today and now the 7th of March.I'm pretty miffed off to say the least and it spoilt the whole excitement of it all. Any ideas of what i can do if i still don't get it this week?

Regards

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi Altaf, I don't think it's just the Renault Dealers being delayed, a friend at works Peugot is now three weeks late,
do what he did and wangle some extra goodies from them.
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Have they given any reasons for the delays, What model are you awaiting. I was told initially on placing my order for a new Scenic II on the 24th January that vehicle would be delivered on the 14th March, Informed a week later it is now the 21st March.

I am not bothered about the delay unless it extends into April.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I thought I had deja vous, I had the same problem a year ago. I eventually managed to get a couple of freebies and a free first service worth £212.29, at least this went some way towards the dissapointment. Badger them to get something .

:steam: :steam: :steam:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply folks. I've already expressed my dissapointment with all the carry on! just watch this space!!!!:steam:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Never mind getting extras - what you need to get them to assure you of, is that they don't reduce the value of the car you are trading in, if the delay happens much longer (your car is getting older, with more miles on it than when it was valued originally).

They can do this, if the delivery date wasn't made a condition of sale.

Paul:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fortunately (or Unfortunately) i haven't traded in a part ex, but this is a valuble bit advice for future reference.

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
No problem, that's a scenario I witnessed first-hand a few years ago when there was a problem with Fords stockpiled in Zeebrugge (customers were getting trade-ins devalued, having to hire cars because they had sold theirs privately, having to tax/re-insure their trade-in, etc). In all honesty, a tiny number had any recourse for compensation.

Glad you are not affected in this way - I can appreciate it is very frustrating though.

I'm sure the car will be worth the wait.

All the best when the big day arrives.

Paul:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help and advice Paul and allso everyone else who replied.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait, hopefully tomorrow (fingers crossed).

i'll keep you posted, i'm going to zymol it the second it gets home and i'll post pics.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i rung the dealer up at 11am and he told me that "his" computer" now shows that the car is on its way to them on a transporter, and I should be able to pick it up.

guess what i'm still waiting!!!

O

·
0 Posts
There's not much worse than waiting for a new motor - like you say, it takes the shine off it a bit.

What are you getting?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting a Grand Scenic 1.6 16v in Gunmetal, the excitement has gone right out the window, its turned into frustration. Spoke to dealer and the car still hasn't turned up!! told him to sort something out for me for the trouble, so he said he'll put in extra fuel, he also advised me to speak to Renault UK and ask them to sort something out for my trouble as one customer has been compensated (didn't say what with though).

Fingers crossed should get it tomorrow!!!

The Saga Continues!!:steam:

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Dealer needs to do more than extra fuel. Push it harder:devil: :devil:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't worry wait till i go to pick the car up! i ain't signing jack untill I get something else (i'll choose something out the accessories brochure and fix my target on that.

My company uses of the best PR consultancies around (Bell Pottinger) so i'm sure the threat of bad press would do the trick!!:d

O

·
0 Posts
I'd give them 24 hours to guarantee a date - if the date's not acceptable or they don't I'd cancel the order. Surely you'd be able to find something similar currently in the network which you may even save some cash on!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally!!!! picked the car up yesterday at 12.30pm, looks better in real life than pictures. i didn't realise that gunmetal was an irridescent colour (changes in different light).

I managed to get a full tank and some matts off the stealer, which i thought was ok. The stealer showed me all the e-mails he had sent to their distribution centre.

I'm loving the car though. i'll post some pics when i've cleaned it tomorrow (weather permitting) is that ok?

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Altaf

Good news you got the car,free mats,full tank, you done well.

(You will have to change what car you drive in profile now).

:) :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys for you advice and support.

I still drive the bmw, the wife (who's car the scenic is) is away for a few weeks so i'm going to enjoy it for a bit.

I can't wait for it to be run, it should drive better then with more fuel economy.

Many Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts