Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned this laguna for 15 months now, and have worked on plenty of renault cars in the past. Only bought this one coz it was cheap and looked the part. I wouldn't have a renault as a gift, even a new one. The build quality is awful, reliability awful, parts prices awful, dealerships in general , awful. i think you get my drift. The car looks nice.... thats where it ends..... no more 4 me, no thanks. its going when the tax runs out.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy days

It's gone, tax to be refunded . lost about a months tax, small price to pay. No more am i at the mercy of crappy renault build quality. Even better still, the bloke i sold it to was a right smart ¤¤¤¤. Happy days.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
What you hoping to get next,and what problems have you had with the Galuna?

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there ripsnot, I feel sorry that you have had so many problems with your car, mine is almost as old as yours and fortunately have had almost no problems apart from the normal service items,
Regards Leroy

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Limited Life

Maybe i exaggerate slightly, but this thing reminds me of the Old 70s vauxhall viva , once you get near 70,000 miles its time to throw in the towel. Exhaust manifolds cracking , gearboxes failing, brake pipes corroding and splitting, pencil coils failing, air con packing in,and all the usual bits that goes with cheap plastic interiors, and very thin gauge metal that these cars are built from. If i were you mate , i would watch that speedo, hope your luck is better than mine.
Looks like a nice motor, but like i said earlier , so did mine.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Sounds like you've been a bit too unlucky. Perhaps a different Laguna would never have given you the same problems. You never can tell with any car, one that rolled off the same production line could well excede the life of another of the same production line.

Good luck with whatever car you choose to purchase next.;)

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Sorry to hear you have had enough, Ripsnort but I do sympathise.

Now you know why it was so cheap. I bought mine for exactly the same reason, was cheap and looked good and I entirely agree with your assesment.

Have owned loads of Renaults (5s, 6, 12, 14, 16s, 18, 25, 30 and a Feugo). All had their problems but most were fixed fairly easily.

The best of the bunch, and probably one of the best cars I have owned, was the 30. Only got rid of it because it was written off after an accident with a R5!

The Lag is a different animal altogether. If it did not drive so well, be so comfortable even after 3 hours at the wheel and been reliable so far it would have been sold by now.

Every job seems to be a major exercise. The rear brake disks should have taken a couple of hours max. Two days later I was still drilling out the retaining screws! Obviously Renault have realised the problem as the replacements are a much improved design and, hopefully, do not have the heads made out of cheese!

Anyway, good luck with whatever replaces your Lag.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gotta say I had a Laguna executive and it was fantastic. Smooth and quiet, refined and really comfortable. Guess you just got a dud one. Conversely, my Lag II hasn't been so good and has needed constant jobs so heyho, you pays ya money...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts