Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have the dreaded Airbag / Serv lights on on my wife's 2004 Clio 1.5 dci and I've tried all the usual stuff.
My OBD2 scanner can read airbag ECU, but it shows no faults, other than when I turn on ignition then I get the fault shown below that I think is just the control panel telling me the warning lights are on.
I've tried unplugging various airbags and I get the correct fault codes on my OBD2 scanner.
The pretensioner wires under the passenger seat has been soldered together.
The passenger airbag key switch on the door reads the correct 400 Ω or 100 Ω and the warning light comes on the dash to tell me its switched off.
I have:

Line 1...........2.6 Ω
Line 2 ..........2.6 Ω Lines 1 & 2 is the drivers airbag

Line 3...........2.8 Ω
Line 4...........2.8 Ω Line 3 & 4 Passenger airbag

Line 5...........2.8 Ω
Line 6...........2.6 Ω Line 5 & 6 Seat belt pre-tensioners.

Line 7...........7.9 Ω
Line 8...........7.9 Ω I'm thinking that these are the 2 side impact sensors as I've read they have high resistance until they detect a crash, then they go short circuit.

Line 9...........2.8 Ω
line 10..........3.0 Ω Side impact airbags in the driver and passenger seats.

Line 11 & 12 both show -0.1 Ω ????? I'm wondering if they are not being used on my car possibly rear seat belt pretensioners ? or I have something open circuit ?

Can anyone with a OBD2 reader that can talk to the airbag ECU, who's clio doesn't have an airbag problem please spare me 10 minutes and read the parameters so I can compare the line impedance Ω's with mine as as shown below I have 2 lines that show 7.9Ω and 2 that show -0.1Ω
This will at least give me an idea that I do have a resistance problem.
Thank you in advance..
Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone.
I have the dreaded Airbag / Serv lights on on my wife's 2004 Clio 1.5 dci and I've tried all the usual stuff.
My OBD2 scanner can read airbag ECU, but it shows no faults, other than when I turn on ignition then I get the fault shown below that I think is just the control panel telling me the warning lights are on.
I've tried unplugging various airbags and I get the correct fault codes on my OBD2 scanner.
The pretensioner wires under the passenger seat has been soldered together.
The passenger airbag key switch on the door reads the correct 400 Ω or 100 Ω and the warning light comes on the dash to tell me its switched off.
I have:

Line 1...........2.6 Ω
Line 2 ..........2.6 Ω Lines 1 & 2 is the drivers airbag

Line 3...........2.8 Ω
Line 4...........2.8 Ω Line 3 & 4 Passenger airbag

Line 5...........2.8 Ω
Line 6...........2.6 Ω Line 5 & 6 Seat belt pre-tensioners.

Line 7...........7.9 Ω
Line 8...........7.9 Ω I'm thinking that these are the 2 side impact sensors as I've read they have high resistance until they detect a crash, then they go short circuit.

Line 9...........2.8 Ω
line 10..........3.0 Ω Side impact airbags in the driver and passenger seats.

Line 11 & 12 both show -0.1 Ω ????? I'm wondering if they are not being used on my car possibly rear seat belt pretensioners ? or I have something open circuit ?

Can anyone with a OBD2 reader that can talk to the airbag ECU, who's clio doesn't have an airbag problem please spare me 10 minutes and read the parameters so I can compare the line impedance Ω's with mine as as shown below I have 2 lines that show 7.9Ω and 2 that show -0.1Ω
This will at least give me an idea that I do have a resistance problem.
Thank you in advance..
Carl
Hi,
I've just checked the resistance on the Driver position sensor and it is correct. 106 Ohms and 401 Ohms when the seat is moved forward.
Any ideas guys why my 2 warning lights are still on?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
whats the actual fault code.
We cannot see these pictures, have just set zoom level to 200, and still no go
Write the fault codes out and post them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the actual fault code.
We cannot see these pictures, have just set zoom level to 200, and still no go
Write the fault codes out and post them
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The fault code is D165 but that is only to say the warning light for the airbag is active.
I don't have any fault codes until I start disconnecting airbags.

·
40,459 Posts
NO fault codes anywhere else on the whole car..

Does the light ( when you clear the faults) actually extinguish,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO fault codes anywhere else on the whole car..

Does the light ( when you clear the faults) actually extinguish,
No codes at all.
If I clear the code, then re-read the ECU then no codes shown.
If I turn off then back on the ignition, the airbag light comes on then after 5 seconds the Airbag and Serv lights come back on.
I've disconnected the driver air bag and passenger airbag and I get the correct fault codes.
Same with the seat belt pre-tensioners
Same with the side impact airbags in the seats.
I've disconnected the passenger side impact sensor, and get the correct fault code, open circuit.
The Airbag ECU when diagnosed shows, no impact detected, ECU dosent need replacing, Fault airbag circuit active.

·
40,459 Posts
Clear the code, switch ignition back on, NOW scan all the car..
See if another code is showing somewhere else

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clear the code, switch ignition back on, NOW scan all the car..
See if another code is showing somewhere else
No codes apart from the same "Airbag fault circuit active diagnosed by control panel" Telling me the Airbag light is on.
Out of the 12 line impedance's monitored by the airbag ECU, the only ones that are different are lines 7 & 8 , and lines 11 & 12.
I really need to know what these are monitoring.
I know lines 1,2,3,4,5,6,9,10 are all correct.

Very headache inducing lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
try too remamber wich seat you last move.its probabli conncectors from that seat. i have that problem,after moving-adjusting passanger seat. i just moving connectors below seat,and problem sorted, i was leasy to find wich connector is :))

·
Registered
69 Posts
DF165
PRESENT
OR
STORED
AIRBAG FAULT WARNING LIGHT CIRCUIT
CC.1: Short-circuit on +12 volts.
CC.0: Open circuit or short circuit to earth
NOTES Special notes:
Use adapter Elé. 1830 when working on the computer connector.
CC.1 NOTES None.
Lock the computer via the command VP006 "Lock computer", using the diagnostic tool.
Check the condition of the warning light bulb.
Check the insulation, continuity and the absence of interference resistance on the following connections:
– 60A between components 756 and 247.
If the connection is faulty and there is a repair procedure (see Technical Note 6015A, Electrical wiring repair,
Wiring: Precautions for repair), repair the wiring, otherwise replace it.

·
40,459 Posts
What are you asking here..
Whats 756 (= airbag computer ) and 247.(= instrument cluster ) No way of helping you with 60A. its one of the wires going to the airbag ( But 60A wont be the number on the multi plug you are after it will be the number on the wire as it enters the multiplug )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DF165
PRESENT
OR
STORED
AIRBAG FAULT WARNING LIGHT CIRCUIT
CC.1: Short-circuit on +12 volts.
CC.0: Open circuit or short circuit to earth
NOTES Special notes:
Use adapter Elé. 1830 when working on the computer connector.
CC.1 NOTES None.
Lock the computer via the command VP006 "Lock computer", using the diagnostic tool.
Check the condition of the warning light bulb.
Check the insulation, continuity and the absence of interference resistance on the following connections:
– 60A between components 756 and 247.
If the connection is faulty and there is a repair procedure (see Technical Note 6015A, Electrical wiring repair,
Wiring: Precautions for repair), repair the wiring, otherwise replace it.
Thanks for this.
So it looks like I may have a fault on the warning light circuit itself.
Something to look at at the weekend.
Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
What are you asking here..
Whats 756 (= airbag computer ) and 247.(= instrument cluster ) No way of helping you with 60A. its one of the wires going to the airbag ( But 60A wont be the number on the multi plug you are after it will be the number on the wire as it enters the multiplug )
thay will track problem from oposite side,from bulb to connector

·
40,459 Posts
????????????

But without a wiring diagram, how will he know what wire to check.. from the instrument cluster to the air bag module

He knows it's wire 60A, but will his air bag module have this wire
Hopefully someone can tell him which wire in the cluster plug is the one going to the air bag module

1 - 16 of 16 Posts