Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again to Forum.
Having sorted out problems with car today I thought I would invest in a fault code scanner. I have spent some time searching the net to see if my Scenic a W Reg 2000 1.6 16V petrol Scenic Alize Model is OBDII compliant but can only find confirmation that 2001 models onwards are compliant. My car is apparently on the cusp of being a 2001 model (as i keep getting told by parts suppliers when ordering bits). I have had a look in the fus box to the right and below of the steering wheel and can only see a small connector strip with cover and bridging pins inside. It has "Cinch" marked on it. Can anyone advise if this is the diagnostics connector socket please ? and has anyone bought one of the budget scanners and did it work with a 2000 year petrol 1.6 Scenic Alize.
Thanks for great forum.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi tonb it sounds very like the socket but iam unable to completly say yes to this but i guess is it is i hope this helps.I am thinking of buying software for my laptop PC that can fault find but iam unsure if they are any good i hope this helps all the best Donald.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta

Hi Donald thanks for response. I did have a Dial*gys set of dsics which may have helped but they no longer load. That may have helped me.
From what I have picked up on the net the PC based option gives you access to loads of software for monitoring and tweaking (provided your car's brain accepts reprogramming). The Handheld Scanners just read the Fault Code.
Will keep on searching the net looking to see if compatible. Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Donald thanks for response. I did have a Dial*gys set of dsics which may have helped but they no longer load. That may have helped me.
From what I have picked up on the net the PC based option gives you access to loads of software for monitoring and tweaking (provided your car's brain accepts reprogramming). The Handheld Scanners just read the Fault Code.
Will keep on searching the net looking to see if compatible. Thanks
Tony
Hi no problem tony sometimes they are in the side panel on the passengers foot well or behind the ashtry aswell i hope you get to the bottom of this all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Your car will have the 16 pin EOBD connector.....

Proper code reading and ECU re-programming equipment costs 1000's of pounds,and I'll let you draw your own conclusions form that.If you do take the plunge,let us know how it goes.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts