Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy:
Hmm, well i just bought a new Laguna today (Well, 2001 Laguna II) with Climate Control. I've never had an Air-conditioned car before so it was pretty cool to have it.

Rewind a few days, the air-con didn't work at all so the dealer had it re-gassed (at no fee to me). Now here comes the odd part. It seems to be colder on the LEFT side than on the RIGHT. Why could this be? I think it may also be colder even with A/C turned off. Even when both sides are down to 16degrees C.

?

So basically, it's never really cold on my side of the car, only on the passengers side. Also, i'm not even sure if it's working. I mean, the engine revvs up when i turn the A/C on and there's a distinctive click but...

One thing to note: It's only about 15 degrees outside at the moment so perhaps it doesn't work until about 20?

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Atomicslug.

I'm sure someone with more Tech knowledge than myself will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8 and welcome to the forums:) a dirty pollen filter can stop the circulation, do you no if its been replaced, or if you dont know, remove it and then try your air con and feel if it gets cold at where the filter should be .

good luck alex

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Atomic - the pollen filter on the Laguna II is located behind the glove box on the passenger side. Get down and have a look at the heater outlets in case the sound insulation panel has become dislodged.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
A/C will work at anything over about 6 degrees outside temp.

You will have to take out the glove box to get to the filter, held in by 1 screw, then pull out the box, take the filter cover off held in by more screws, mine was very dirty but the A/C still worked well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, i'll check that now then. Thing that seems odd is that it's only ONE side? The left side is fine. Nice and cold, infact. But nothing at all on the right. It's really odd. Perhaps it's a problem with the climate control panel at not the A/C?

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
its how they are designed, (keep the spouse happy at the drivers expense:d)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Normally it's caused by the flaps that direct the air from blower motor not opening or closing properly, invariably it's the drivers side that is warmer - it's called sod's law.

On the climate control cars the flaps are controlled by electric motors and either the motors or the linkage fails. it's a common problem on Peugeot 307's for example. The only way to check is to strip down the dash till you can get to the motors and check them and before you ask, no I've never done it on your model, so do not know how difficult it is.

It may be as simple as the foam seal on the flap falling off so you get leakage of warm air into the cooled air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts