Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Clio 1.4

Have done a search but not found a mention of this light but as I don't have any idea how to describe it maybe thats why.

Just appeared on my dash is basically a bowl with a water drip going it. Looks like \_/ with a drip in the bowl.

Any ideas? Looking like water I have checked the coolant and filled the washer bottle but its still there. My handbook makes no mention of it.

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Furrycheeky.

I'm not sure of that one ?

Sombody should be able to advise you tho.

Regards
Ottoman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and quick responces, I will try to get a shot from my phone (only digital camera I have)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was out ready to take a shot of the light when a neighbour came out and had a look. According to him his daughters car had the same light and it means that the car is not happy with the oil and wants it changed. It is being added to all late 2006/07 handbooks as it was missed from the earlier ones.
That's according to Renault Croydon, I had asked Wilsons of Epsom and they didn't know.
So now I am in for an oil change after 7000m & 9 months, and I thought most oil changes were getting further apart.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I had a change oil now message on my 2006 scenic when it was only 9 month old (or so I thought), apparently the service spanner and message are time stamped as well as milage, so for example if the car is due a service at 12 months or 12000 miles the lights will appear. The car was probably built 3 months before you thought it was.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi, if my memory serves me right i think its means you need to change your oil. im sure on my computerised dash it today states 15,000 miles until i need to (same sign as you describe) - meaning i need to change my oil in 15,000 miles time

hope this helps
jue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts