Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope someone can help.
I have a Laguna II 1.9DCI 120 HP GT, its done 118,000 miles.

It has been driving great until today car lost power indicating that it was in limp home mode, and what looks like a coil warning light and engine warning light came on at same time.
I pulled over in nearest services, called AA.

-They have found following trouble codes on diagnostic: 3142, 9803, 3146, 3113.
-Car sounds like its not firing on all cylinders
-Oil is showing in Turbo air intake pipe

Any ideas what could be wrong here? I am told could be coil pack required but not sure that answers the oil in intake pipe issue...

Any ideas?
Help greatly appreciated.

Anyone know where I can get a full list of Renault fault codes and their reasons?

Thanks in advance !!

P

·
0 Posts
It wont be the coil pack as you have a dci...no spark plugs.

How much oil in the intake? a bit is normal, a lot could be the turbo seals on the way out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its quite a bit more than would be expected so AA man told me ... am I to assume that it may not be as bad an issue as I may think? car was running great until today...

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Oil in the air intake pipe to the turbo is almost certaintly a blocked breather system,check the return to the sump from the plastic unit that the dipstick fits into.

I'm not 100% sure on the codes you have,I have only ever pulled Renault specific DF codes or EOBD P0 codes and get a little confused by the four figure ones that some systems seem to show.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the help, would any of this explain that it sounds as if its on 3 cylinders instead of 4 ? temp guage is normal no overheating or anything worrying like that...

I am trying to avoid being rippped off at garage for new turbo or something!

Anything I can do to fix or is a mechanic better choice?

G

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
You need to determine 100% where the oil is entering the intake system.

If it's entering INTO the intake for the turbo,then it can only come from the breather system.That is how I read your post....

The codes mean nothing to me,and in any case ECU's don't log a time and date for any fault codes,the codes you have listed might be from yesterday,they might be from 2 years ago.Fixing cars from fault codes is an expensive guessing game without looking for other evidence.

I suspect the EGR valve is caked in oil from the breather system,this could be the cause of the problems.A fault that kicks in the limp mode function is usually turbo boost related,either lack of boost or pressure that is escaping or a sensor showing that pressure is too high/too low.

If the AA expert (sarchasm is my strongest point:d) cleared the codes,then have the codes read again by someone who has some Renault specific equipment and see what comes back.Looking at the live data can also give clues on what is happening.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts