Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anybody help me please, I've a 52 plate kangoo van 1.5 diesel K9K 700 engine. I started spewing out oil from the expansion tank, So I've had it to bits, cleaned all the pipes out and rad etc, replaced the headgasket. Fired her back up and she ran a treat for an hour of so on tick over then the oil started to appear in the expansion tank again, when I open the bleed nipples its a thick gunge coming out the it seems to clear and water runs though, however if I leave the cap on expansion tank and the bleed nipples closed after a while the expansion tank starts to rise. I had a look at the oil cooler when I had it stript down and couldn't really work out if it was ok or not, conected a hose to it and blocked of the other end to see if water made its way across and it all seemed fine.
Can anyone help me as its now doing my head in lol.
Thanks in advance for any help
Geoff

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
Did you take the inlet manifold off? on some engines the oil is circulated through the inlet manifold and if it develops a crack or the gasket goes oil and water can mix, but I don't know if this applies to the K9

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, the k9k engine doesn't have an inlet manifold just the outlet manifold. its the diesel engine so relies on the injectors etc.

Cheers anyway, any imput is welcome as its beginning to annoy me now lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coulde be, but if that was the case would water not make its way into the oil, the oil is completely water free when I drop it from the sump, I doubt its that because my way of thinking is, the oil in a k9k 700 is 5l and the water is 6l. so my way of thinking is that both are sealed systems, so if either system is "breaching" the other then both will remain the same level but they will just exchange fluids, however the cooling system in increasing and the oil in decreasing, and eventually the header tank will just spew its guts again and the engine will run out of oil,

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
Just a thought does the Kangoo have the same oil to water oil cooler as the Clio? if that had a internal leak.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure to be honest. It does have the same engine in as the clio though, hatnes don't do a manual for a kangoo so I got the clio one with the correct engine, however I can see anything in it about the oil cooler. I assumed the oil was the thing attached to block behind the oil filter, thats what I checked, seems to be like a "jacket" surrounding the oil, thats how I thought it was cooled.
any guide as to where it is if it isn't the thing I thought it was

Thanks
Geoff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.