Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting from cold the oil warning level light goes out but after about 10 miles of travel if I turn the engine off for a short while and then start the car again the oil level warning light does not go out. the oil level on dipstick shows just less than maximum.
The engine is a 2003 Clio 1.2 ltr 16 valve engine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When starting from cold the oil warning level light goes out but after about 10 miles of travel if I turn the engine off for a short while and then re:devil:start the car again the oil level warning light does not go out. the oil level on dipstick shows just less than maximum.
It is definitely oil level

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
When starting from cold the oil warning level light goes out but after about 10 miles of travel if I turn the engine off for a short while and then start the car again the oil level warning light does not go out. the oil level on dipstick shows just less than maximum.
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Exactly which light stays on?.If it is the red oil light then that is the oil pressure which is something altogether more to worry about.Does the engine sound harsh/rattle at all?.How long has the problem been happening?.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:(
When starting from cold the oil warning level light goes out but after about 10 miles of travel if I turn the engine off for a short while and then re:devil:start the car again the oil level warning light does not go out. the oil level on dipstick shows just less than maximum.
It is definitely oil level

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Exactly which light stays on?.If it is the red oil light then that is the oil pressure which is something altogether more to worry about.Does the engine sound harsh/rattle at all?.How long has the problem been happening?.
tHE OIL LEVEL LIGHT ON THE RIGHT OF THE DASHBOARD:loser:

D

·
0 Posts
If the oil level is ok, then the sensor is screwed or gunked up with crap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may have been given duff info from garage they said it was oil level light on right side of instrument panel. The light is amber but looking at the book could it be the toxic fume warning light:loser:

D

·
0 Posts
Dunno........... you have the slight advantage over us of A) seeing the light, and B) having the book that tells you what it is in front of you...........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have been given duff info from garage they said it was oil level light on right side of instrument panel. The light is amber but looking at the book could it be the toxic fume warning light:loser:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dunno........... you have the slight advantage over us of A) seeing the light, and B) having the book that tells you what it is in front of you...........
If the book told me what it was I would not be asking the book is unclear

1 - 13 of 13 Posts