Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, when i accelerate round a corner a little, sometimes all these warning signs come up, (what i think is the oil pressure one as its only up for a few seconds), but then disappears after 3/4 seconds or so. it has been happening a bit more recently but still quite uncommon and only when accelerating a bit round a corner. Do you guys think its just a sensor fault? or is it serious? its a renault clio domanique 1.2 2016 i think. the car seems fine to me. Many thanks

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
6,096 Posts
Hi Archie and Welcome:)
What does the dipstick say?
Level alarms when accelerating or cornering ( same thing) indicate low fluid levels as they slosh over to one side..
If the dipstick says full and you're not sure which lamp is coming up, the brake fluid reservoir is worth a look but remove any strainer in the neck as you will be fooled by it.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,233 Posts
Oil pressure warning lights are always a concern.
As Brenda says, check oil level first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Archie and Welcome:)
What does the dipstick say?
Level alarms when accelerating or cornering ( same thing) indicate low fluid levels as they slosh over to one side..
If the dipstick says full and you're not sure which lamp is coming up, the brake fluid reservoir is worth a look but remove any strainer in the neck as you will be fooled by it.
Hi, thank you.
Yes I'm certain it's the oil pressure level now. I looked on the dipstick but it's not clear(pull it out, wipe, put in to bottom, pull it out) but I can't see a level. It could be way below what's needed.

I've booked the car into the garage on Monday so I'll ask them to look at the level then as I can't see what it is clearly.

But surely if it's too low the warning light would come on all the time? Or is it probably not quite low enough yet for that, only when it sloshed around.

Also it comes up with the 'engine failure hazard' and 'stop' lights when the oil pressure button comes on when cornering/acceling, is this a serious concern (scary when it says that), or is that the usual thing if the oil level is too low.

Many thanks, Archie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oil pressure warning lights are always a concern.
As Brenda says, check oil level first.
Cheers, do you know if it always says 'engine failure hazard' and 'stop' with oil pressure light or not, because it's quite scary, is it serious? Thanks

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
6,096 Posts
Hi Archie, I would not start the motor of that car until I was happy about the oil level. You could literally be minutes away from complete engine destruction. Hence the STOP, FAILURE, ALARM, panic messages.
If there is no oil level on the stick coming back out you need to add a liter, check again and add more as required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts