Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,

I have a '99 Laguna 1.8 16v Alize.

When the engine temp gets to normal level the oil warning light, the stop light and the temp gauge light have started to come on.

The problem occurs when the engine idles or is on a slope but the lights all go out when you accelerate.

The oil level has been checked and is at the max mark on the dipstick (the oil was changed 6 weeks ago along with the filter)

The temp gauge does not move position, so its not overheating.

Any Ideas??? All help appriciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, yeah it has the oil level check on the dash and this is showing thats its full of oil. Anyway i can test the sensor?

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi guys i have a lagunaII just rebuilt the engine went to start it this morning and its just blowing the oil seal off the filter due to too much pressure and suggestions????

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi noel (again) i haven't checked the valve but checked the wiring which is all ok but the oil level sensor is broke could that effect the pressure????? i have ordered one that arrives tomorrow:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The external sensors only measure either oil pressure or level - they don't control pressure in any way.

The pressure release valve which is purely mechanical is on the oil pump inside the sump.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The external sensors only measure either oil pressure or level - they don't control pressure in any way.

The pressure release valve which is purely mechanical is on the oil pump inside the sump.:)
Hi noel i would like to buy you a beer you have been more helpful that the mechanics at renault main dealers and everything i have asked you have been bang on right so thanks again for ending my 5 weeks of getting under my bloody car everyday trying to work out why it is blowing off the oil filter seal so again thanks alot mate you ARE this forum as far as i am concerned :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi noel hope you come on today i really need you!i am gonna run through everything i have done : it started with a burnt out piston which although a big job not major i replaced the piston,headgasket, timing belt tried starting the car took a while but did eventuallt start. drove down the road one of the water pipes going to the matrix burst tryed limping home got back changed the pipe then since that point everytime i tried starting the car it was blowing oil out of filter(previous post) at which point i took the whole block out of the car checked for cracks and damage nothing to find so i went to my local scrap yard and bought another block i have now replaced all the pistons the crank and all the shells its turned into a major rebuild lol i also have a new turbo....yesterday i put the whole engine back in the car reconnected all the electrical connecters but went to start it nothing ..... so i removed the glow plugs and all the glowplugs where knackered so i went back to scrapyard took my meter and found 4 good plugs all heated up came home inserted the glow plugs went to start the car nothing. Now on my dashboard all the lights come on then go off except the battery light and the stop light but as i press the start button the service light comes on and the (!) light ................its trying to start but there seems to be something stopping it i am guessing it will be something simple but i dont know what :s cheers if you can help i know i have put a lot up to read but i wanted to try and explain everything i have done

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Has the engine good compression and are the injectors getting fuel?
Have you tried pumping the primer bulb during start-up?
Are you using all the original ancilliaries such as fuel pump and injectors, etc.
Did you change or repair the oil pump?:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
the injectors are getting fuel i have primed the grenade till i cant squeeze no more and same fuel pump and injectors and i replaced the oil pump cos i didnt know about the oil pressure .........its trying to start just been back out and its nearly there just wont fire grrrrrrrrr :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
nothing at all they will be some when it starts cos turbo dumped all oil down exshaust last time so i am expecting it but nothing at the moment?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If fuel is being injected and there is sufficient compression there should be some smoke from unburnt fuel. Although I don't usually recommend it have you tried giving the engine a sniff of easy-start.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts