Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Turns out my laguna S reg DTI RT has a faulty diesel pump so I am going to have to get rid of it and replace it with a new car.

So, I am looking at the following, comments please.

2002 02 reg laguna 1.9Dci Privilege 39k on clock, full SH, half leather etc for £4700

Anyone know of any reason not to get this.

and is anyone interested in buying a laguna S reg 1.9 DTI RT, Red, 104k on clock

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Spotted Haggis,

Timing belt change as well, only 36K but it will be on the 5 year mark.Rear suspension bushes.

As I am sure you are aware oil and filter changes 18K but most advise 6k or 9K.

Usual things to check on Renaults is the electrics make sure everything is working.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
You can tell if the intercooler is modified by lookin through th front grill.
The intercooler looks like a radiator - if it has straps around it you have the modified one and should be ok.
If the intercooler has no straps or looks "Bowed" - then it's the old type,could cause potential problems.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I viewed the car today. A very strange, yet nice, blue green colour. Greenish up close and blue from a distance, weird.

All electrics work, computer, tyre preasure etc, stereo, air con, except for the front windows. The drivers one does nothing, can hear the motor ok but window wont open, and the passenger one opens about an inch. They have told me they will have them repaired for me.

Engine starts ok and sounds ok, part leather and velour with built in blinds in all rear windows, panoramic sunroof, tested all electrics and all seem ok.

I have to say its very nice inside, surprised as I have not yet seen inside one.

No obvious marks on the outside, but I did not read about how to look through the front grill until after I viewed the car, however it does come with a 1 year parts and labour warranty so should anything go wrong in the year I have it then its covered.

Total cost £4790, privilege model

Thought blinds was strange, is that standard, both rear door windows and the rear window had built in blinds, oh and a cd changer in the boot

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assuming they fix the windows I am buying it.

When I get it I want to go over it with a reasonably inexperienced tooth comb, so can anyone give me some items to start with.

Having viewed, sat in started, stopped and started again, played with the electrics etc, what should I look at and check to pre-emptive any issues that can arrise soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts