Independent Renault Forums banner

on board computer - miles left reads ---- flashing

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  OzRX4 
#1 ·
hi does anyone have any ideas on this one please? the on board computer works perfectly apart from the miles left in tank the display just reads ---- and flashes . can it be reset? it started doing this when i removed and replaced the sender unit in the tank
thanks

#3 ·
Hi.
My wife had a similar problem with her Clio a few years ago. You need to do a dash reset which can be done as follows.

1. Push and hold in the button for the onboard computer
2. Switch ignition on with card/key. Release computer button.
3. You should then see the instuments on the dash going through a test. Speedo moving etc.
4. You then need to push the other trip reset button that is on the dash.
5. Switch ignition off.
6. Switch ignition back on and scroll through to the miles left. It should now be reading ok.

Hope this helps

Mr A

#4 ·
Just in case your system is different from the one Mr A mentioned, you may also be able to do what I had to in my 2001 espace:

Locate fuse for display (check fusebox lid for pic. showing a dashboard - looked like an old tapedeck radio on mine)

On my car it was the 4th fuse from the bottom on the left hand row. (3 rows of fuses)

If you can find it, pull it out, put your sidelights on, then put it back in.

Not sure if the sidelights bit is required on your car....better safe than sorry I suppose.

Should you not solve it by restting the dashboard, keep us updated if you figure out what's happened, I'd personally be very interested to know what it was, if not the dash needing reset....;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.