Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
There was a time, when road & rail worked together very successfully, as there are and have always been areas not served by even the pre Beeching network. British Road Services (BRS) as I recall were actually part of the Rail network! Then one way or another disaster struck, & the whole thing fell apart, resulting in today's chaos !

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
ByeBye PetrolHeads, Hello PlugHeads or Current Heads. Funny how there'll still be FO Cruise ships, Aircraft & HGV's to pollute. Go for the little man & his wallet every time. :frown2::frown2:
I'll be in my Box Or Close to, still running Classic Renaults. :smile2:

So, your average Terraced street parking will be a trip hazard, with all the mains extensions. Towing a caravan with an Electric car, Don't Make Oi larrf? :surprise:

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ByeBye PetrolHeads, Hello PlugHeads or Current Heads. Funny how there'll still be FO Cruise ships, Aircraft & HGV's to pollute. Go for the little man & his wallet every time. :frown2::frown2:
I'll be in my Box Or Close to, still running Classic Renaults. :smile2:

So, your average Terraced street parking will be a trip hazard, with all the mains extensions. Towing a caravan with an Electric car, Don't Make Oi larrf? :surprise:

I wonder how owners who live in tower blocks will manage..:idunno: :think:

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
I wonder how owners who live in tower blocks will manage..:idunno: :think:
Simples. Bring the extension lead up to the flat. Fill it up to the .... the.... whatever electricians call the brim. Then bring it back down and empty it into the electric tank thing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
New diesel and petrol vehicles to be banned from 2040 in UK - BBC News

Nothing said about the cars already on the road fuelled by petrol and diesel and nothing said if gas will be allowed..manufacturers will have to significantly improve battery life for commuters who travel long distances..:nerd:

Same things here in France but they are really making preparations for it. All of our local supermarkets have plug-in points for electric cars - even our small village has one opposite the town hall - free of charge at the moment because they haven't decided how much to charge or even if they should charge.

·
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Same things here in France but they are really making preparations for it. All of our local supermarkets have plug-in points for electric cars - even our small village has one opposite the town hall - free of charge at the moment because they haven't decided how much to charge or even if they should charge.

Electric points everywhere our lot in government can't even get the brexit negotiations right so plug in points would be far to much to ask for..:grin2:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,257 Posts
Electric points everywhere our lot in government can't even get the brexit negotiations right so plug in points would be far to much to ask for..:grin2:
Our power industry goes into meltdown when there's a major sporting event every 2 or 4 years on TV and the nation clicks on their electric kettles at half-time :surprise:
Will the electrical unions see a big shift in 'power' to them seeing they'd be able to hold the government to ransome if private and public transport can't move because a strke will stop everyone from recharging their vehicles. >:)

·
7,771 Posts
Was on Westmoland services 2 days ago they are installing a separate
lecy car carpark there was about 6-8 chargers that I could see ,
though were the power will come from is anyone's guess, they sold off
the lecky the companies have run the system into the ground taking the
proffit and now have no interest in renewing it, will be a lot of lights going
off unless the mess is sorted.

·
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Was on Westmoland services 2 days ago they are installing a separate
lecy car carpark there was about 6-8 chargers that I could see ,
though were the power will come from is anyone's guess, they sold off
the lecky the companies have run the system into the ground taking the
proffit and now have no interest in renewing it, will be a lot of lights going
off unless the mess is sorted.

No problemo..

Nationalise it :grin2:

·
9,257 Posts
Will there be a re-surgence of scrap metal crime with all those copper-cored charging cables on every house on every street?

pssssst ... wanna buy a cable cheap so you can get 1/2 hour charge enough to get you to work >:)

·
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Will there be a re-surgence of scrap metal crime with all those copper-cored charging cables on every house on every street?

pssssst ... wanna buy a cable cheap so you can get 1/2 hour charge enough to get you to work >:)

I think it British rail that suffers more metal theft than anyone else in the UK but ebay may become the new place to weigh in yer scrap..:grin2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
As I too live in France (36) I can verify this statement darn things are growing everywhere! Seriously though, with leaders who appear not to know their **** from their elbow, is there really a point to this ?

·
9,257 Posts
I'm wondering about other things too :nerd:

Free electric >:) Marketing a dovetail extension lead that'll tap into your neighbours lead with a built-in alarm app so you can wake 20 mins before your neighbour drives to work, unplug and not get caught :grin2:

Will there be a rise in claims chasers for trips, whiplash (garroting), and electric shocks in wet weather, from all the recharging cables trailing around everywhere :surprise: The motor insurance and electric bills may both go up to include this risk for future payouts (joint liability).

21 - 38 of 38 Posts