Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Have used in the past - it was no good

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
On line food shopping

my friend normally does. Recentley tried to order from Tesco, paid got delivery slot, waited. No food. Rang store.. Drivers left for night, can't refund money until we know if he has delivererd or not. Money refunded after 5 days.
Have you tried Ocado? They are in partenership with the John Lewis group and deliver Waitrose goods. The service is impeccable, very rarely late, very often calll to see if you want your delivery early. Delivered in 1 hour time slots too!

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I'm not sure if they'd deliver to me now. I live on the 3rd floor (altho there is a lift) - does anyone know?

In the past i've used both Asda and Tesco.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Have you tried Ocado? They are in partenership with the John Lewis group and deliver Waitrose goods. The service is impeccable, very rarely late, very often calll to see if you want your delivery early. Delivered in 1 hour time slots too!
I think she normally does but was too late that day, (before easter)

I'm not sure if they'd deliver to me now. I live on the 3rd floor (altho there is a lift) - does anyone know?

In the past i've used both Asda and Tesco.
My friend is 2nd floor no lift normally has it delivererd ok

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have used Harrods for many years now and I must say I am very pleased with the service . ;)

Also Fortnam & Mason have being very good a well .;)

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
tescos every week without any probs.9 out of 10 times the order is correct and they are very prompt.the only thing i dont get is it comes from the wellingborough store which is about 5-6miles away and not the extra store which we have about a 3quaters of a mile away.strange.nevermind tho its their fuel not mine

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
tescos every week without any probs.9 out of 10 times the order is correct and they are very prompt.the only thing i dont get is it comes from the wellingborough store which is about 5-6miles away and not the extra store which we have about a 3quaters of a mile away.strange.nevermind tho its their fuel not mine
Do you pay a fiver for delivery and have a store 3/4 of a mile away? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
yeps coz i also have 3 lovely little kiddys that want every thing they see and they get bored and then the whinging starts.also i work in the day and the missus works in the evening and doing it on a sat is a def no no

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
yeps coz i also have 3 lovely little kiddys that want every thing they see and they get bored and then the whinging starts.also i work in the day and the missus works in the evening and doing it on a sat is a def no no
I was only winding you up :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Nah - tried it a couple of times and to be honest I really enjoy the buzz I get from hands-on shopping - squeezing the melons - sniffing the cheeses, etc:rofl: :rofl:
To be honest I prefer going to the shop and seeing the quality of stuff as I prefer to eat fresh food rather than the canned or frozen variety. Luckily we have a good indoor market (about three quarters of a mile away) 2 days per week where I can go taste the stuff even before I buy and if you are really canny go about a half hour before closing and many things are half-price - so I can get quality local produce at a good price. It just seems many shoppers just like to shop on a whim these days and if ain't in a packet or tin they don't wanna know - but in all honestly it's best to do a bit of planning before hand.:)

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
oh and the fact or more to the fact,i cant bloody stand walking around shopping;)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
I see your point Nth - I see people taking kids to the shops and expect them to enjoy the experience - that's why they whinge and moan and throw tantrums. Worse still the shops set out the kiddy orienated stuff at strategic levels and locations. One of our local supermarkets have stopped stocking sweets or toys within 5 metres of the check-outs - this was in response to parents complaining. Many many moons ago when my son (4 years) was small and we were in a supermaket in Yugoslavia he whinged and pointed to the small packets of sweets at the check-out and of course his mother gave in - but the best laugh was when we got outside and discoverd what we thought was gum was actualy contraceptives in a nice yellow wrapper - oh how he cried when he couldn' t have any:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
exactly my point madnoel but its my eldest who is 9yrs which is the worst(worse than me even)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes they will deliver to any type of propperty as long as it is in an area they cover. Trust me I work for them and i had to deliver to a 4th floor flat with no lift today! Go on the web site and check your post code.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i work for sainsburys to you (online shopping) and we deliver to flats etc, chris i would advise your friend to try either ocado or us because we both deliver to your area i believe and plus tesco is just plain useless (one thing number of new customers tell me)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Yes they will deliver to any type of propperty as long as it is in an area they cover. Trust me I work for them and i had to deliver to a 4th floor flat with no lift today! Go on the web site and check your post code.
i work for sainsburys to you (online shopping) and we deliver to flats etc, chris i would advise your friend to try either ocado or us because we both deliver to your area i believe and plus tesco is just plain useless (one thing number of new customers tell me)
Thanking you, i'll look into both :)

EDIT: Would you believe you both deliver to me :) (no more struggling with 7 bags of shopping - thats a monthly shop for me :))

S

·
0 Posts
Just added a couple of extra options to the poll. We used to have Tesco deliver every week. It was great when the order was Ok, but on more than one occassion we'd get large portions of the order missing. All they can do is say that they will refund the value of the missing/incorrect/damaged goods. In my opinion, that's not good enough. They should have a team dedicated to following up on complaints and delivering the right goods. What's the point in having an order delivered only to have to go out the next day to fill in the blanks

S

·
0 Posts
Nah - tried it a couple of times and to be honest I really enjoy the buzz I get from hands-on shopping - squeezing the melons - sniffing the cheeses, etc:rofl: :rofl:
To be honest I prefer going to the shop and seeing the quality of stuff as I prefer to eat fresh food rather than the canned or frozen variety. Luckily we have a good indoor market (about three quarters of a mile away) 2 days per week where I can go taste the stuff even before I buy and if you are really canny go about a half hour before closing and many things are half-price - so I can get quality local produce at a good price. It just seems many shoppers just like to shop on a whim these days and if ain't in a packet or tin they don't wanna know - but in all honestly it's best to do a bit of planning before hand.:)
That's a good point too. People have difference concepts of what they want in terms of groceries. My idea of a ripe bananananana might be completely different to yours. If you are a pit picky about how fatty your joint is, for example, there's nowt like picking it yourself...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts