Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps

So now i am doing sort of a research for buying a recovery truck. I can acquire relatively cheap Master 02 reg. fitted with 2.5 dci engine ( g9u). Main question - is it even close as dreadful as 2.2 dci g9t ??? or should I think in terms of pre- commonrail diesel Sprinter 5 cylinder version?

all feedback and experience will be much appreciated. other suggestions will be considered as well.

Than you all

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Sorry,missed your post the first time around.:eek:

In my experience the 2.5 is a very good unit,as you may have read before the company I work for run a number of Masters/Movanos and all are high mileage and there isn't much we haven't seen.

The engine looks pretty much identical to the 2.2 unit,but we certaintly haven't had any of the reported problems that you get with the smaller unit.Even the PK6 gearboxes seem be better on the vans,we had one go to 320,000 miles before it needed rebuilding,and that was because it was gradually loosing it's syncros rather than any bearing failures as get commonly reported when the PK6 is fitted into passenger vehicles.

We have 3 120dci's and one 100dci,the 100 has a 5 speed box and does really feel sluggish compared with the more powerful units.I'd definately go for a 6 speed 120,it is a much more pleasant thing to drive and they seem to be very close fuel economy wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.