Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there just had my roof fixed on my megane cc the wiring under the passenger seat had coroaded also the guy told me my whole passenger side was very wet ive looked in to it and relised that the water is coming in under the car as my mats are not wet on the top its under them on the carpet of the car ? so after looking around the car and under ive notiched the cover to get to the lights in the wheel arch is missing do any of you guys and girls think this could be my problem when driving the wheels are picking up water and its getting in the hole , the cover is on on the driver side and i dont have the problem on that side am also having a little strating problem after its been raining so mabye water is getting on the ecu aswell any opinions on this would be great thank you :d

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
have a look at the drain holes at the scuttle make sure there not blocked and make sure the pollen filter is ok and not soaking wet also lift up the rear seat base make sure its not wet under there the ccs are famous for letting in water from the rear of the roof where the small rear windows are hence soaking under the rear seat and rear floor and in the boot to also they leak at the front and soak the front floor pans to:crazy:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your advice its defo not coming through the roof or windows because there is no damp anywhere on the tops of my foot mats or seats etc its underneath them i pulled the carpets back and the sponge under is soaking i was out in the car this morning the floor wasnt to wet after half an hour the floor was really wet it was not raining but had been so the roads were wet hence the reason i think its the flap on the left arch being missing also the right side of the car is totally dry ive orderd the covers for the wheel archs from renault........... ive trailed around scrap yards looking 4 one with no luck so ill just pay the 30 pounds :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts