Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i think this is my second thread but i seriously want your opinions :D

this is how low i think my car should be as its on 17's as in the pic (that is my car btw just lowered on photoshop) im not sure whether its too low or just right though? anyway im rambling... lemme know what you think guys :d

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cooorrrr bloomin heck that looks good!!!!
This is how I want my clio to look!
What alloys have you got fitted?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cooorrrr bloomin heck that looks good!!!!
This is how I want my clio to look!
What alloys have you got fitted?
thanks man :3 its not finished yet... :L needs coilovers to get that drop and the bumpstrips colour coding then itl be finished :D

and the wheels are 17' AZUL RAZR BRONZE (spelt like that lol) but had them custom painted by a friend and the chrome lip removed so the green was the same colour as the bits i painted and the black was the same as the car :)

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Great job with photo-shop!

I'm an old git, so it looks about 10" too low to me :)o), but if it were to look like that then I'd appreciate the quality of that sort of finish, for the style.

One comment though - what will the rear wheel-arch clearance be with such wide tyres during a heavy articulation of the suspension?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yours looks better :)
thanks man i thought so too but that car is more practical :L

Great job with photo-shop!

I'm an old git, so it looks about 10" too low to me :)o), but if it were to look like that then I'd appreciate the quality of that sort of finish, for the style.

One comment though - what will the rear wheel-arch clearance be with such wide tyres during a heavy articulation of the suspension?
much obliged :) and it was easy enough to edit i just lowered the car so was straight forward :) and i dont know if im honest, as i only usually have myself and the missus in the car so the back is only weighed down by the subs in the boot... but if it helps im going for about an 80mm drop all around maybe a little less at the back to sit the car level :D

and the wheels were previously on a different clio before mine and it was lowered 100mm with the only problem being steep kerbs, and he didnt have the arches rolled.. :/ so im hoping it should be fine.. though i will only drop according to not having a problem with arches (thank god for adjustable coilovers) :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm guessing he took the badge off painted the badge black then painted the bonnet recess then stuck the badge back on?

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude! how did you get your badge like that? with the green behind it. it looks sick!
a bit of paint in the right places really makes a difference and gives a big effect doesnt it? :p

I'm guessing he took the badge off painted the badge black then painted the bonnet recess then stuck the badge back on?

Correct me if I'm wrong :)
haha good man :L the badge and surround come as one piece though, (2 screws at the back hold it to the bumper)... but then i had to damage 3 plastic pins slightly to seperate the 2 pieces and paint them both seperately (wasnt satisfied with just masking) then glue them back together before re-attaching to the car :d i think stuff like that, that no one else does makes a car really stand out and different :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi guys i know its been a short while but i thought id post a few cheeky current photos of the car as it is near completion :D il be posting some more in a few weeks time when the only thing left to do is the carbon wrapping im getting done on the bonnet, roof, and spoiler... its gunna look amazing :D as before guys post your opinions :D thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
You might not like to hear this .

Your perspective might be going ,(kinda like mine on my own car).
Lose the 2 things on the bonnet,what are they ? like rubber bonnet tie downs , like a competition car?

The carbon fibre black matt wrap?.youve done the area between the headlights already?
I dont know for sure how the whole thing will look with the bonnet wrapped too,but I know it looked good before.
Do get rid of the 2 ridges on the bonnet tho whatever they are.
Thas just mho of course .

Can something be done on the rear like the front with the renault badge or debadging the "clio" chrome part/painting it gloss black?
just a suggestion.
Im thinking of what you might be likely to see in "fast car".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You might not like to hear this .

Your perspective might be going ,(kinda like mine on my own car).
Lose the 2 things on the bonnet,what are they ? like rubber bonnet tie downs , like a competition car?

The carbon fibre black matt wrap?.youve done the area between the headlights already?
I dont know for sure how the whole thing will look with the bonnet wrapped too,but I know it looked good before.
Do get rid of the 2 ridges on the bonnet tho whatever they are.
Thas just mho of course .

Can something be done on the rear like the front with the renault badge or debadging the "clio" chrome part/painting it gloss black?
just a suggestion.
Im thinking of what you might be likely to see in "fast car".
the 'rubber' thing on the bonnet is a leather bonnet bra fella :L it is there to protect the bonnet from stone chips etc as i do way too many motorway miles....

and for the back atm iv got a sport rear bumper to paint and fit, then im painting the badges on the back black/green (not completely decided),

and as for the wrapping dude the bonnet, roof and spoiler would be the only bits wrapped, the bit on the bonnet between the lights is the bonnet bra i mentioned earlier :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would if I could coop, its sewn into the material so have to stay so I don't destroy the bra lol,

And its finishing touches time mate, got a sport rear bumper to fit, and then get the roof, bonnet, and spoiler carbon wrapped and find a set of spare 15' wheels... Done :D

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Are there new mirrors you could get? More body-moulded, I think that could set off a smoother line from the front perspective.

Where are the furry dice? :d

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, I know its been a while but there have been a fair few changes to the car and I need to update this :) colour scheme is changing, going black and gold now but more black than before.... Anyway pics at current:

Sorry about poor quality, they are blackberry photo's,

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
I miss the green hornet look a bit
All the green will be going gold?
The pic quality as you say isnt as good as your other ones and the late autumn light and misty rain arent doing it any favours.
The wheels Im not sure about, tho I like a mesh design, adding in the silver rim with gold n all.

Ideas :)

For the retro look

1 - 20 of 38 Posts