Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just registered as I've recently bought a 2015 Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi 110 Dynamique S Nav and I'm really happy with it in the main.

My question is I'm a little unhappy with the ride over uneven roads with the ride being very rough sometimes. I have the 19in alloys fitted with the 225/45R 19 INCH CONTINENTAL.

The dealer did mention I could look at swapping out for the Kadjar 17in but I'm not a big fan of the look.

Could I get a more comfortable ride with just different tyres on my existing 19in alloys?

Really don't know what way to jump but on UK roads I have to do something.

Any help greatly appreciated, many thanks. (also posted on renaultkadjarforms.com, just keen to get a 2nd opinion, cheers)

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
From what I have seen and read, "old fashioned" tyres on smaller wheels will always ride better than trendy low profile tyres on big rims. I'd guess the choice is comfort or looks...……

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
To repeat my replay from a few days ago to you on the Kadjar forums

You could do this, but, it will cause errors with the speedometer and mileage,

Wheels and tyres are set to a rolling radius.

As the dealer says, swapping to 18's or 17s is the route to go. Plenty of aftermarket options if you don't like the Renault/Nissan offerings in those sizes.
Different tyre type may help, but, with 19's the side walls need to be stiff to avoid tyres coming off or damage to the rim due to excessive flew in the side walls.

So, back to, change wheel/tyre size.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Your hard ride is due to 19" and 45 profile, you need to go down to alteast 18" and more tyre wall

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After speaking to the dealer they are now wary of swapping the wheels out to a smaller fit. They say the car is all set up for 19 and they wouldn't recommend that action. Not sure what to make of that to be honest.

·
Premium Member
3,906 Posts
Me neither. It is or used to be common practice for swapping to winter tyres to go to a smaller rim with a higher profile to keep the rolling radius the same.
The Owners Handbook probably has a list of the wheel and tyre options in the tyre pressure section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted in another forum too so apologies if read before...

After going round in circles trying to work out whether to downsize to 17in wheels. Decided I'm sticking with my 19in rims on my 2015 Kadjar for now.

Currently have 225/45R 19 INCH CONTINENTAL on the front and right rear with a budget tyre on the left rear which has the most grip left.

The Contis need replacing really, especially the fronts and I've narrowed it down to two choices to replace all 4.

Falkens Azenis FK510 (£536 fitted.) and Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT (£574.80 fitted)

Any suggestions on the best to go for with mainly ride noise and road comfort in mind?

Thanks all!

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,716 Posts
What suits one might not suit another so its personal choice..I find Conti's a good allrounder except that they can wear a little quicker than other brands..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts