Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be in the wrong section here guys, but a quick question on what should be attached to the other end of my air filter duct (opposite end to the housing), If anything..?:confused:

its a Mk2 phase 1 1999 plate.

Seems like there should be something attached there as there is a jubilee clip around that end but at the moment the end just sits in a recess near the battery open ended...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep and your investigations will also note it went unanswered so thought it would be best to re phrase my question

Thanks
Peter

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
You got a picture of your engine bay showing the offending article and the area it ends at?

I'm assuming the air filter is housed at the other end!? If so then I can't see why there would need to anything at the end you speak of. Is it fixed in place or left loose?

Found the following online and although it's not the exact same engine as yours it clearly shows there's nowt at the other end;

·
Registered
38 Posts
There should be a black funnel approx the same diameter as the hole that your pipe has been cable tied to - except it has a bayonet mount near the outer lip (to twist lock into the hole and stay in place) and the narrow end should have a 2 inch long thread that screws into the air intake pipe.

Should be able to get one from your local scrappy for a couple of quid or so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts