Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ive just bought a 92 renault 19 1.8 here in Germany where Im posted and its over cooling whilst driving but gradually climbs up to over 3 quarters when Im stuck in traffic.
Ive bleed the system by holding the expansion tank up higher to get the coolant through and get all the air out,the fan does cut in when hot.When stuck in traffic the air gets warmer but not hot.
Does anybody have any ideas?As its kind of cold over here at the moment with the snow ect.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi Ive just bought a 92 renault 19 1.8 here in Germany where Im posted and its over cooling whilst driving but gradually climbs up to over 3 quarters when Im stuck in traffic.
Ive bleed the system by holding the expansion tank up higher to get the coolant through and get all the air out,the fan does cut in when hot.When stuck in traffic the air gets warmer but not hot.
Does anybody have any ideas?As its kind of cold over here at the moment with the snow ect.
Cheers
First thing I would check iis the thermostate as they can jam it sounds as if yours is permantly open or too low could be a summer one
Tink 2

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Renaults have traditionally had poor heaters it has to be said. They can either air lock or block with crud. There should be bleed screws on the rad and some of the water hoses to assist in removal of airlocks, if you have checked the stat and bled the system then I would suggest the heater matrix may be part blocked. You can try running higher concentration antifreeze in the system to clear some blockages although when I tried this on my 94 clio I gained a leak in the metal pipe from the pump. Also my temp guage reads around 1/4 when driving climbing to 3/4 in jams then the rad fan will kick in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts