Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do someone knows what is the Escpace 3.0 Dci 2003 higtpressure fuelpumps partnumber and the Renaults servicepack for the pump partnumber. Also I want to know where I can find a exploded view of the engine P9X engine and pump.
I had problem with my Espace since januari when it was on normal carservice and the fuelfilter was changed. I will not accelerate normaly and I already changed the secundar pump in fueltank and gearbox serviced. Not of these helps. When I read this forum I came to the conclusion that the fault is in the pump.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Don't know the part no but i do know its the same Isuzu derived engined that Saab briefly used in the 9-5 3.0TiD.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
the engine is an Isuzu unit, designed by GM and built under license, used by Renault, SAAB and GM. Both SAAB and Renault use the Saab engine management system.

The injection system is a Denso unit, not sure of the model number but it is gear driven, so removing it means dropping the engine and splitting the box to allow access. It is just about possible to replace the valve solenoids and seals, which are prone to failure without removing the pump but it is not easy.

I would have a full diagnostic first, before attemting any work on the pump which should check the fuel rail pressure. Working pressure is in the region of 710 bar, if the pump is faulty it will normally read much lower.

Sadly, if the pump core seals have failed that normally means the injectors will have been contaminated and damaged and will require replacement, along with all of the high pressure supply pipes.

To remove and repair the pump, injectors and pipework UK renault service centres quote 32 hours of labour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.