Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost signed on the dotted line for a new Megane cc today.
Just a few fine points to iron out. One question we have is, is it worth having the Lifeshine treatment applied. The interior is also "scotchguarded". Bearing in mind the car is pearl black metallic with full cream leather interior I am tempted. However is it just another profit making excuse or is the treatment any good. We have negotiated a good deal that is within £50 of the cheapest we can get on the internet for the car,so don't think dealer will throw this treatment in free as well.
Have any of you had experience of this treatment, is it worth having and does it actually work?
I normally wash my cars regularly and polish/wax twice a year anyway so am undecided. Dealer is aksing £250:eek: but I would try to negotiate down a bit should we go ahead.
Thanks in advance for your advice!:)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Dunno about the paintwork, but a shiny new Megane CC? You kept that one quiet :p

We want piccies, loads of them, ASAP :d

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
£20 a bottle

:)
SportTourer said:
Almost signed on the dotted line for a new Megane cc today.
Just a few fine points to iron out. One question we have is, is it worth having the Lifeshine treatment applied. The interior is also "scotchguarded". Bearing in mind the car is pearl black metallic with full cream leather interior I am tempted. However is it just another profit making excuse or is the treatment any good. We have negotiated a good deal that is within £50 of the cheapest we can get on the internet for the car,so don't think dealer will throw this treatment in free as well.
Have any of you had experience of this treatment, is it worth having and does it actually work?
I normally wash my cars regularly and polish/wax twice a year anyway so am undecided. Dealer is aksing £250:eek: but I would try to negotiate down a bit should we go ahead.
Thanks in advance for your advice!:)
Hi

My dad has told me about this stuff and swears by it he told me it is expensive at £20 pounds a bottle . Not £250 what are they doing to it . :eek: :eek:
Tell them the deals of unless they do it in with the car .:)
They will throw it in i am sure they need the deal .
By the way you can buy scotch gaurd in a bottle as well

Thanks ide man

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Horatio said:
Dunno about the paintwork, but a shiny new Megane CC? You kept that one quiet :p

We want piccies, loads of them, ASAP :d
Yeah, it was abit out of the blue, we have been looking to replace but not until next spring, but have been test driving now to take advantage of the weather .
The wifes 206 cc is too small for the kids now & she saw the 4 yrs 0% finance deal on tele. We looked at Astra twintop - quite basic inside, nice diesel engine but dealers not willing to negotiate as model new to the market! Pug 307 doesn't have looks of Megane cc and Peugeot dealer inconvenient to get to and poor service from them in the past.
The Megane should be with dealers next week ( it was a cancelled order), its a 1.9dci 130 FAP, Privilege with "luxury pack", Pearl Black ( read - impossible to keep clean) with full cream/beige leather interior. Insurance is a whopping £80 a year cheaper than the Pug, Tax is £75 a year cheaper and we hope to get mid 40's mpg whereas the Pug was low 30s.
Let's hope August is as warm and sunny as July was.:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi
For over 10 years I have used a product called 'DURASHINE' and have been delighted with the results 25 Quid a bottle but its a once only application you dont wax the car every weekend, I say a once only application I do mine about every 6 months but in general just wipe the car with warm soapy water and dry it off and it looks like new my cars a 1999 laguna and not a blemish on it.
Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts