Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my car failed its MOT a few weeks back with endless problems!! Renault grand scenic 2005 1.6
both back disks brake pads 1 rear caliper - wipers!!! wow what a mission that was sorted the problem out through this site though would of cost £60-70 cost me £7 so thank you .. offside track rod end & ball joint - lights, lots of little things now all done :) the only other thing on the refusal sheet is..

MEASUREMENTS...
brake failures : RBT park brake efficiency 15%

REASON FOR REFUSAL OF A TEST CERTIFICATE...
parking brake efficiency below requirements? What am i ment to do ???

I was told if i put the handbrake on when driving really slow it should correct it self? is this true..
ive done this a few times but im not gonna tell untill i take it for its MOT again and i dont want to just to waste £50 if its gonna fail again.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Did the brake test not show which wheel was the weakest?

Efficiency may improve as the new pads and discs bed in. Can the garage not do a brake test efficiency only without having to pay for a complete test?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
Find a bit of flat ground apply parking brake at low speed and have a look at any skid marks.

·
7,927 Posts
It would vary with velocity.
:d:d:d:d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the replys

when i put the handbrake on at above 5 mph its doesnt come on!!! below that is does but it does not gonna leave any skidmarks in mi pants or on the road lol if i put the hand brake on, on a hill its works but when i take the brake off lots of noise from the brakes ?? run out of idears now looks like its gonna have to be the garage to see how to sort it.. wishing i never got this car cost me too much money :(

·
7,927 Posts
I think the idea behind the brakes correcting them selves if you put the hand brake on wile driving slowly was to bed the new parts in.

It may help but needs doing with extreme care as the parts can get very hot very quickly.

Reactions: rossitt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts