Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parking brake fault is constantly on my dash board of my Laguna III. It has electronic hand brake I have taken the rear wheels of and the operation of the rear brakes seems fine. Can any one give some help..... Could the fault code need resetting??? Could I buy software and leads what is the cheapest way of buying these parts?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
How old is your car?
If it is less than 3yrs old ( which majority of Lag IIIs are) and 100,000 miles then it will still be under warranty. Take it to your dealer for them to sort out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car 3 years 1 week old took it to Renault dealer whey wont £90 to plug laptop into it and this may just see fault not fix it. I feel very unlucky it broke week out of warranty, I like to look at all other avenues before going to the dealer to carry out this repair,:loser:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its worth giving Renault Customer Services a call if it is only just out of warranty. If you are persistant but polite, you might be suprised what they can do for you.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has any one replaced rear brake pads on a Laguna III ? do you need to reset the ecu after change pads?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could try just disconnecting the battery, but you will need your radio code. Most times this will reset the ecu.
Thanks for your help but the car is now over 3 years old, it was in warranty when it first happend but the Dealer just reset the fault code and said it was OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts