Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the rear bumper on my Laguna MKII replaced due to damage.

Problem is that the parking distance sensors don't work anymore. When rear gear is selected the system gives a short normal bleep followed by a long (5 second) high pitch sound. The sensors then don't do anything.

What does this sound mean? Has the garage simply left the sensors disconnected or is this worse fault?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
hello,

not really sure what the long beep sound is, but the best course of action is to return to the repair center and get them to take a look, as it should have been covered by the repair.

Did you pay for the replacement or is it insurance accident damage? If its insurance, then push the fact and get it repaired as it worked before the damage.

best of luck

Murchin.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I would agree with what's been said, except that if it was an insurance job, you should primarily involve your insurers in the complaints process (as your contract is directly with them), they will in turn also place pressure for resolution with the repairers.

Its probably a sensor thats not wired correctly which is giving an audible fault code.

Still, you'd think that someone would check the complete repair before handover to you. Make sure that all trim (and the bumper itself) is firmly and correctly attached before it goes back to them.

And when it comes back - go over it with a fine tooth comb!

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agree with the above, sounds like a fault warning, garage needs to rectify
Thanks for the advise. It is an insurance job and I'm going to get it fixed via that route. But I was interested to know what the problem was before they try to suggest it's been faulty all along.

They are sending someone out. Can they fix a sensor disconnect 'at home'?

Ian

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I would presume they can - just ensure (before the repairer leaves) that all sensors are working, and he hasn't just disconnected/bypassed the one which is giving the error sound.

Just a word to the wise.;)

Paul:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,Just read about your problem,I am having the same problem. Did your garage resolve it and what was the cause?
Cheers,Graham52.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there,Just read about your problem,I am having the same problem. Did your garage resolve it and what was the cause?
Cheers,Graham52.
Yes they did. They sent out an auto electrician who quickly discovered that a connector on one of the sensors had become disconnected.

The warning beep is an indicator that there is a disconnect or a faulty sensor.

Could be either in your case.

B.T.W. he managed to reconnect the plug without taking the rear bumper off.

Cheers,

Ian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts