Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all, I have a 2009 Renault Koleos 2lt Diesel that displays "check parking sensor" on the display. After some research I was guided to use my phone and hold it against each of the sensors whilst recording a video/audio, if they make a ticking noise, then its working ( so i'm told). All of them tick. I removed the bumper assembly to check the wiring and that there was power to the devices, which there is. perhaps its a faulty sensor? ( although they all tick) getting a new sensor from Renault is rather expensive, and i'm not even sure if that'll fix the problem.

The park sensors worked fine until it was serviced, so I figured it was something simple, like a loose connection - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have found aftermarket sensors - would getting these work or would the car not "recognize" these aftermarket sensors?

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,763 Posts
Do I presume they are not working now? Don't know the Koleos but can you turn OFF the volume in the Settings and see if that makes any difference.
On my Scenic I had exactly the same issue after annual inspection - I blame the heavy vibration from the suspension shakedown. "Check Parking Sensor" lit up on the display and the system stopped working. Tracked it down to the audible warning, and found that if I turned it off (Settings - Volume) the fault disappeared and the visual warnings were restored. 50€ for a new buzzer fixed it. I could probably have found something much cheaper but the resistance measurement seemed to be important.

NOTE - my Scenic only had rear sensors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply twodogs.
how would I get to "settings" ?
it's an older model so it does not have any touchscreen features...
I use the two buttons on the right hand stalk ( the one for windshield wipers)

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,763 Posts
Thanks for your reply twodogs.
how would I get to "settings" ?
it's an older model so it does not have any touchscreen features...
I use the two buttons on the right hand stalk ( the one for windshield wipers)
Is there not a "vehicle settings" option when you scroll through using those buttons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately not.
when the vehicle's parking brake is not active and the drivers side door is opened ( when the vehicles on) a beeping noise goes crazy, I understand this uses the same buzzer as the park sensors, so from my knowledge the buzzer is working. I have also read through the drivers manual and I don't see a mention of settings...
I'm going to check the fuses again and see what I come up with, if that leads to nothing I'll have to go with aftermarket sensors...
Thanks for your help though!

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,763 Posts
You might be able to read a fault code with a Renault specific OBD code reader. Mine was good enough to confirm the audible alarm. Aftermarket sensors might be a bigger job than rectifying the fault. I've just had a look through the Koleos drivers handbook - not very clever is it.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,842 Posts
front or rear or both parking sensors
most decent interfaces should give you a fault code would be getting it scanned
after market to put it bluntly are sh1te

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might be able to read a fault code with a Renault specific OBD code reader. Mine was good enough to confirm the audible alarm. Aftermarket sensors might be a bigger job than rectifying the fault. I've just had a look through the Koleos drivers handbook - not very clever is it.
Yea the drivers handbook is rather basic... I've managed to find an OBD Reader for Renaults, I've ordered it so hopefully that can fix my issue...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
front or rear or both parking sensors
most decent interfaces should give you a fault code would be getting it scanned
after market to put it bluntly are sh1te
I just get a message on the screen saying "check park sensor" - doesn't tell me which one.
I'll see what the OBD Code reader has to say

thanks for your response

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,842 Posts
Normal engine scanner/code reader wont show it,
But a scanner that will read all the car will,
Write Complete code down, as part of the code is the failure type ..

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,763 Posts
Here is my original post. Yes you need a reader that reads the Renault body modules.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts