Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Just wondered if anyone here can help. We have a 2007 Renault Grand scenic which had been installed with a ck3100 by Renault, (they had installed it behind the steering wheel so couldn't actually see the display or reach the buttons!).

Anyhoo, decided to replace it with the excellent mki9200, install went fine eventually, and everything works brilliantly. But just noticed today when the parrot was playing the ipod that the display on the Renault was still showing the cars stereo was still playing. Would this have anything to do with the mute lead ? or could it be something I have missed ?

Hope someone can help thanks in advance.:d

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
What happens when you receive a phone call ? Does the same thing happen?

I could be wrong, but was under the impression that the parrot mutes the radio by disconnecting the speakers and connecting them to the output of the parrot. If this is the case then the display will continue as normal as it doesn't know that anything has happened to it.

To be honest I have never looked at the display when the radio is muted. I'll have a look at mine in the morning and if you don't get any other replies I'll let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply planmeca, just checked and bizarrely it seems that when ever the parrot is on it does mute the radio/stereo speakers, which is good, but the stereo itself carries on playing the cd or radio. In our last scenic, which was fitted with a mki9100 the display said "speech" when ever the parrot was on. I am planning on phoning parrot in the morning and see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you go onto the Parrot website you can check if your vehicle is compatible with this particular unit. I beleive you can also get an interface to operate with the CAN bus for the steering wheel controls. I think the Parrot is fitted with an amplifier, operating the Parrot mutes the radio, disconnects the speakers and uses the Parrot amplifier to power the speakers so that you can play the ipod through them. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I have an Omega with a Bose amplifier, it won't work in this because the Bose speakers are only 2 ohms instead of the usual 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.