Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,can anyone explain why Renault Dealers charge so much for parts :devil:? I own a renault trafic van, for those that dont know it is the same as the Vauxhall Vivaro ,I have owned both variants and Vauxhall dealer parts are much cheaper and they are exactly the same made at the same factory.
example front brakes vauxhall disc's £108.00 a pair, Renault £165.00, pads renault £58.00 vauxhall £41.00 also big difference in attitude,vauxhall want your business, renault are not bothered!! parts sales man told me that vauxhall would be much cheaper on every part and if he was me he would go there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on anyone got any defence for Renault dealers,or are we all happy that they have our pants down ? no more french crap for me!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got to say that I'm surprised how expensive the dealer prices are. I work for Mercedes Benz, and in comparison, it'd be cheaper to run and maintain a Merc, even without staff discount!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Merc, BMW all seem to be cheaper than Renault to be honest. But for some reason I've just bought another Renault!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
At the end of the day, there's absolutely no reason for the parts prices to be the same - Renault charge the dealers, and the dealers set their own prices, so it pays to shop around. Same goes for labour rates.

I have a Ducato van, the same basic van is also sold by Peugeot & Citroen - again, the prices are different.

Citroen sell the C1, Peugeot the 107, Toyota the Aygo - all effectively the same car, built at the same factory - but not the same price, that is called marketing, or (in old money) competition.

I'd sooner be able to shop around for a bargain, than feel that the prices were somehow fixed or controlled.

Paul

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
At the end of the day, there's absolutely no reason for the parts prices to be the same - Renault charge the dealers, and the dealers set their own prices, so it pays to shop around. Same goes for labour rates.

I have a Ducato van, the same basic van is also sold by Peugeot & Citroen - again, the prices are different.

Citroen sell the C1, Peugeot the 107, Toyota the Aygo - all effectively the same car, built at the same factory - but not the same price, that is called marketing, or (in old money) competition.

I'd sooner be able to shop around for a bargain, than feel that the prices were somehow fixed or controlled.

Paul
It's not just cars, consumer electronics are the same, to be honest I think most things are the same nowadays, mostly built in the same factory with the same parts and a different badge! hey ho! :(

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
They do not have my pants down, as I don't go running to the main dealers when I need something for the car.

I really don't care if I'm not putting on OEM parts on my car, as long as they are good quality and a good price that's fine. I also fit them myself, as I don't fancy giving someone £60+ an hour...

There's nothing that can be done about what they charge anyway, as they have to give you a clear breakdown for everything. It's your choice if you buy from them.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
The ultimate for that used to be Honda bike parts.
At one stage, the rear light for almost all Honda bikes was the same part.:confused:
But if you had a Goldwing, you would pay much more than a humble CB250 rider.:crazy:
Which was, of course, entirely appropriate.:d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts