Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Me and my partner are trying to work out if there is a passenger airbag in my partners 2009 kangoo van. We would like to get a car seat for the passenger seat and obviously need to get it switched off if there is. There is no switch to turn it of if there is one and no sign on the dash/windscreen/sunshield to suggest there is a airbag on the passenger side.
Many thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,496 Posts
Just had a look at the wiring diagrams and in 2008 and 2009 there were vans fitted with a passenger airbag and vans that were not, the year alone will not tell which diagram to look at, is it possible for you to get a picture of the oval sticker ( on the B billar where the drivers door locks into) and cover up the one below it that has your VIN on it as that is not needed?

·
7,496 Posts
it will look something like this

·
7,496 Posts
it is indeed but my laptop with the data on is at home, where I am not, I will look when I have finished work mate

·
7,496 Posts
ALL IMAGES TAKEN FROM THE DRIVERS MANUAL GIVEN WITH THE CAR, NOT FROM ANY TECHNICAL PUBLICATION OWNED BY RENAULT

Thanks for the information however it did not give me the information that I was looking for. I have found the following information for you, if you have a passenger airbag you will have a warning sticker such as:

On your passenger sunvisor.

Also on page 52 of the Kangoo Drivers manual, if you have a passenger airbag you would have the following things to look for

If you have neither of these than it is fair to assume you do not have a passenger side airbag. I hope that helps and sorry for not being more helpful with assurance from the wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. We are pretty certian there is not one. Thanks again for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts