Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this irritating 'double clicking' when I open passenger side door.........it's seems to be coming from the 'door strap' on the bottom hinge......what is the correct name for this part and can it be fixed without replacement
Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no it's not like that.....I put the words door strap in inverted comas....it's attached to the bottom hinge and it's like a small round canister....when you open the door ad hold the 'canister' you can feel and hear it 'cracking'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody to a final answer on this one? I have the same problem on my 2004 Scenic II. Double clivk noise from the small box above the bottom hinge. I am sure the grease needs to go into that box, but how to open it without damaging:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody to a final answer on this one? I have the same problem on my 2004 Scenic II. Double clivk noise from the small box above the bottom hinge. I am sure the grease needs to go into that box, but how to open it without damaging:confused:
Me too, Scenic II (53 reg).

·
Registered
66 Posts
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82213&highlight=door+hinges

try this thread!
I think I have the same problem but the weather hasn't been good enough for me to look at it. If I get the chance to look at it I'll let you know what happens.
lol..that was my post..i still havny sorted that problem out..you cant get into that particular part as its sealed..i tried to prise it open but all the paint came off..i have even changed the whole unit with one from another megane, cost me £25, but the problem is still there..dont know wether its inside the door or not..i still get that double clicking when i open the door...just have to live with it im afraid...:confused:

O

·
0 Posts
Mine does it too. It's another Renault 'feature'.

It is a sealed unit, despite the constant advice that is given to grease it. It can't be greased or accesed, even with an aerosol type grease.

Even fitting another assembly on there doesn't work it seems.

It's likely that a new one would be OK, but I'd imagine that Renault would only supply a whole door or something.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
you can buy on it's own, but it does not come painted, just ask for bottom door hinge
£45 for the last one i bought

O

·
0 Posts
you can buy on it's own, but it does not come painted, just ask for bottom door hinge
£45 for the last one i bought
I stand corrected. :d
Not worth me spending money on though, unless it falls off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts