Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone...the passenger seat tilt has stopped working on my Clio. As I have 2 children I really need to be able to kids into the car safely...If I lift the lever is does nothing, it's like it's become disconnected from were it should be...has anyone got a diagram of the mechanism please??

Thanks
Maisie:(

·
Premium Member
Espace 2.0dci, 2010
303 Posts
Should the release cable have broken I understand the component is available from Renault - a mechanic I know recently had to do such a repair to a Clio or Megane.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should the release cable have broken I understand the component is available from Renault - a mechanic I know recently had to do such a repair to a Clio or Megane.
Thanks Bid Dav, it seems that the cable has indeed snapped...looks like a visit to the local Renault Dealers tomorrow for me :(
As you can probably guess by my name I am a female and would like to think I'm quite competent at doing the job myself...but is it really as easy as it looks?

Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
Espace 2.0dci, 2010
303 Posts
Hi Maisie, sorry, I hadn't studied your name to establish a gender :eek: . I had visited a mechanic friend who was in the process of changing a seat tilt cable and had the new component in the Renault packet. I had made comment regarding it as the last time I had been aware of a seat tilt cable snapping or failing was on a Vauxhall Viva circa 1971!
What I saw of the job looked fairly straight forward but did involve some seat fabric unclipping and also care working around the lumbar airbag system installed in the side of the seat. The cabling itself I imagine would not be much different to changing a brake cable on a push-bike.
Don't know if any of this helps. Regards David.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.