1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
ive recently joined this site :)

ok i dont want to seem dumb or anything here haha

but i have a 3dr clio II billabong and on the front passenger side seat where you have the handle to move the seat forwards to let mates and that in. It makes a noise for where its trying to move but thats all that happens. when you look at the cable connected to the handle its a bit frayed and when you pull it, its loose but then goes really stiff

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
on the front passenger side seat where you have the handle to move the seat forwards to let mates and that in. It makes a noise for where its trying to move but thats all that happens. when you look at the cable connected to the handle its a bit frayed and when you pull it, its loose but then goes really stiff
Let me get this straight:
When you move the lever, it's easy to move from its default position, approximately half way up its pathway,
before suddenly becoming hard to move the rest of the way?

Or do you mean that the cable itself hangs a bit loosely, and then tightens up when you lift the lever?

Doesn't sound like a snap to me, but more that the cable itself has worn,
perhaps in combination with the discs that hold the seat back in place on either of the sides has become stuck somehow.

If you can locate these discs (usually claw-shaped steel plates on either side of the seat back joint,
that hook onto a steel bar running between the two seat back joint mechanisms), pull them back at the joint, and see if you can undo them.
If you can, the problem lies somewhere along the path of the steel cable that's supposed to undo them,
further indicating that the cable itself has become worn.

In that case, the simple solution would be to replace the cable itself.
You can either get one from the parts shop of a Renault dealer, or from an auction site like eBay or similar.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
Frayed and jamming or totally snapped, the solution is the same :)
Well, if it turns out to not be the cable, but the clamps themselves that have gotten stuck, things might be a bit more complicated, although steel wire mechanisms do tend to be subject to wear, yes.

Let's hope it's nothing worse than that cable being faulty. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.