Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Espace 2.2 dt and the air/heat does not work on the passenger side. The footwell/Door/Screen does not have any air coming through. Although the face level vents do. All vents are ok on the drivers side. There seems to be heat that side as the round container(?) under the passenger air bag is hot. All buttons on the heater/air controls light up ok.
Jim.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I would start by seeing or rather hearing if all the flaps are working properly.Get someone to press the buttons on the drivers side whilst youve got your ear up to the dash and see if you can hear the flaps moving.

Have you tried opening the passenger door and seeing if the air is coming through the side of the dash?

Apart from that I would say theres a blockage or a hose/hoses disconnected from the blower motor or the vent end

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Zinx. Just been out to have a look and all vents are working. On switching the different switches the passenger vents worked for a moment, then stopped. So I gave the switch surround on the drivers side a reasonable tap with my fingers and it worked. Been all through the various settings and all (at the moment) seems fine. Must be a dodgy connection on the switches. I'll get the son in law to look at it.
Regards
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts