Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have a big problem with my megane scenic 1.6 auto. The immobilser light is flashing quickly to indicate there's a problem and the engine won't start.
I have spoke to several people about immobilser bypass and re coding of keys but most people have said to take the ecu out and send it off to get re done with the immobilser being taken out the system.
I have two questions ..... Will this work and if so HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU GET IT OUT OF THE STEEL CASING. Only asking cus after three days of trying I still have not got a clue
any help would be greatley appreciated

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, you do have another key you can try ? as each key code is different and the immobiliser can store up to 4 codes.

Sorry I can't help with getting the ECU out of the steel case. But I know exactly what you mean, I broke a Megane last year and couldn't figure how to get it out so ended cutting the loom!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply..... i do have a spare key but the same things is happening... does not start...and the light on the dash is going nuts... it seems the only way is to replace the ecu but dont fancy the expense of going to a dealer when i can do it myself.. just need help with the casing...the chinese couldnt of came up with a better puzzle haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts