Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Renault due for taxing at the end of June 2007. Does anyone know how late I can wait until getting it taxed? Ideally, I would like to tax it on 5th July 2007 as I have just had a very expensive MOT done on it leaving me a bit short of cash at present, but I, obviously, don't want to risk getting fined for renewing it late. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
In the good old days, you'd have been fine provided that you didn't park or drive it on a public highway. Now though, you either have to tax the vehicle or declare it as being off the road with a SORN document. If you do neither, then an automated process sends you a fine.

There may be a period of grace for those who forget and renew a few days late, but I wouldn't bank on it. I suppose you could phone the DVLA and see what they have to say. If there is a grace period, then hopefully they'll be prepared to tell you.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Used to be 5 days, but think it is now midnight on the last day of the month, pay by cheque and put your guarantee number on the back, is what a lot of customers at work do the week before payday, although we wont be taking cheques after saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts