Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this question has been asks loads of times without reply so ill ask again does anyone know the location of the pcv valve on a 53 plated clio 1.2 16v PLEASE ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know this question has been asks loads of times without reply so ill ask again does anyone know the location of the pcv valve on a 53 plated clio 1.2 16v PLEASE ?
update for you all, i called my local garage and they didnt have a clue.called severndale parts distributors hadnt heard of it and even renault in stourbridge said whats a pcv so im beginning to wonder as no-one on here knows and no-one in th uk seems to know does my clio really have a pcv ? :d

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The PCV valve lives in the breather pipe going between the inlet and the crankcase and is usually well hidden. Disconnect the breather pipe from the inlet and slide a stiff piece of electrical wire gently down and that hopefully shoud give you an idea of its exact location.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PCV valve lives in the breather pipe going between the inlet and the crankcase and is usually well hidden. Disconnect the breather pipe from the inlet and slide a stiff piece of electrical wire gently down and that hopefully shoud give you an idea of its exact location.:)
whare is the breather and what does it look like as all i can find is like a plastic pipe with a plug on the end, ive looked and looked and nothing coming of airbox either? this is a bit like the renault secret of where are the wire conectors for rear speakers in a clio as renault dont know that one either. renault said they will call me in 10 mins and that was about 3 ours ago so maybe they still dont know where it is either:d

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Any chance of posting up a couple of pictures of the engine bay - maybe some members can identify the breather pipe.

If there are wires for the rear speakers they'll run from the back of the radio to where the rear speakers owuld normally be situated.

Is the car a 3 or 5 door??:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right guys and gals here,s an update for you all. this refers to 1.2 16v d4f engine, this car definatly does NOT have an exposed pcv valve and what it does have is a breather attached to the rocker and can NOT be removed from the rocker cover so must be replaced with NEW rocker cover to cure the problem of oil being pushed into the air filter. ive just been with a mechanic who did try and clean a previous breather with brake cleaner and all he could think of but no chance and a new rocker was fitted and problem of oil going into airter housing has gone. i did read something on this forum about some-one having to buy a new rocker cover and wondered why but now i know so please no more talk about pcv valves on d4f engines as there definatly isnt one and only wastes peoples time looking for something that is not there. ive posted this hoping it will help others who have the same problem. next week my clio is having the new new rcker fitted so will take pics and post on here to help others.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Kriss, I along with many others also have the same problem with my 1.2 D4F Clio. Did replacing the rocker cover solve the problem for you?
hi garry, yes it did mate totally cleared it up. what i wrote in my thread is 100% and dont bother wasting your time looking for a pcv valve as there is NOT one. i have old rocker here still which i can send pics of to anyone who wants them showing what a crap idea renault came up with as a breather system none removable none cleanable and a joke. if i can be of further help just ask mate, atvb kriss.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have old rocker here still which i can send pics of to anyone who wants them showing what a crap idea renault came up with as a breather system none removable none cleanable and a joke. if i can be of further help just ask mate, atvb kriss.
I think I have this on a Megane K4M engine. May I have a photo too please? Alternatively, what I often do is put them on photo bucket and link to them.

·
HotShoe WANNABEE..
246 Posts
Hi, everyone....

I have a post up, for 'burning cardboard smell?', when really ragging the motor... D4F... and I believe it is caused by this DAMN 'built in' PCV NOT venting... and the engine dumping its foul whiffs out of the [possibly] plug tube/rockercover seals.

I'm looking to do some experimentation with a pipe connected directly from the OilFiller neck/Filler Cap - spliced into the 'PCV breather pipe', where it enters the Air Filter Box.

The other day... after being assaulted by this minnginng pong... I pulled over and took the Oil Filler cap off and was nearly blinded by the 'shotgun blast' as it came off. It smelt a bit ripe, too..

I will report back on this... NEW Cam Covers are £130!! :eek:

knownClone

·
HotShoe WANNABEE..
246 Posts
You wouldn't believe how hard it has been to get any pictures of the back of a D4F Savvy engine!!

I'm about to attempt to solve/mitigate this awful pong I get when hooning on full bore..... :(

This piccie shows the 'outlet' from the rockerbox, which allows 'a little' vapour out on tickover and then a valve opens [inside] to let the full extraction of vapours when the T/B is drawing in, under normal operation/driving along.

This yellow line (Rocker out & into Inlet manifold) is just the small flow.

This illustration (by Hypermount - guy on SAVOC) shows the route for the major flow - green - up to the Airfilter Box/TB.

This is the Manual explanation of the above = Little & Large Venting.

What I plan is to simply cut a hole in the Oil Filler Cap (the yellow plastic thinngie)...

...and screw in an elbow - attach a smallish bore rubber pipe - T piece into the rubber pipe attached to the Air Filter Box, adjacent to the T/B.
If successful the whole shebbang will cause the Rockerbox to evacuate directly into the T/B all the time... and the foul vapour pong should be cured :beer:

I will report on my progress

:sofa:
knownClone

1 - 20 of 28 Posts