Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Last friday I used my car Megane 1.4 sport 16valve 2001 for a motorway journey to Birmingham , the car was faultless , both there and back , However on Saturday when i had travelled a few miles she just for a split second misfires, I have read various posts on this forum about these cars suffering from misfiring !! but it's not like that problem , it just misses a beat ??? then carries on like nothing happened , drive a bit more and maybe it will do it maybe it wont ?

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
See Oilyrag has got a misfire thread which is ongoing at the moment we speak,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As you have probably read on the forum,the coils give problems on the 16 valve engines,and yours could possibly be at the beginning of this happening.

If not,then there could be any number of causes....

Is there a pattern to when it happens?
Do you have an engine management light come on at all?
Have you had any coil problems in the past?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello thanks for the reply , I have only had my car for a couple of weeks , but i do seem to remember the mention of a couple of the coils had been replaced , I can honestly say that you dont get no warning light on the dash , unless this happens really quick , I have set the Nippon denso grooved plug gaps to .90 as previously mentioned , could this be set to wide ?? Thanks fot your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts