Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either way, does anybody know of a source for a Laguna Brake/Clutch Pedal Rubber, Renault part number 77 00 800 426?

Attachments

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,637 Posts
not much wear on them from what i can see on this monitor and most would give an advisory
if its a free retest then no problem if not i would say time to change your mot station next time around and get a test 3-4 weeks before the old one runs out
Ron

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Just a question arising from the picture.

Can't you just turn it 180 degrees so the worn section is at the top-end of the pedal and not so noticeable?

Apoogies if it only fits one-way, its not apparent from the pics.

Paul

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Judging from the pictures it ain't reversible as looking form the underneath the ribber lips are different.

I don't know what it like in your area when such problems arise during an MOT test but in my area worn pedal rubbers are an instant MOT fail.

As the rubber is completely worn through the risk of it tearing further is obvious and should it become detached would become a safety hazard.
Also consider should it cause your foot to slip off the pedal when manouvering the cost of any damage would outweigh the price of a new rubber.

I look at it this way any reduced contact or control of any pedal can be hazardous and you will be surprised at how different a new rubber will feel.:)

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Judging from the pictures it ain't reversible as looking form the underneath the ribber lips are different.

I don't know what it like in your area when such problems arise during an MOT test but in my area worn pedal rubbers are an instant MOT fail.

As the rubber is completely worn through the risk of it tearing further is obvious and should it become detached would become a safety hazard.
Also consider should it cause your foot to slip off the pedal when manouvering the cost of any damage would outweigh the price of a new rubber.

I look at it this way any reduced contact or control of any pedal can be hazardous and you will be surprised at how different a new rubber will feel.:)
True, I was just a bit shocked as I'm pretty sure both my previous cars had rubbers in a similar state to this one but weren't even noted as advisories.

It's a bit of a pain because I only have until Friday for a partial retest and I've not had any luck tracking one down yet. My dad's going to pop by the local scrapper tomorrow on his bike and see if there's one in a better state than mine... They are the same on the clutch pedal so at least there's some hope of a decent one being out there.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or you could put some after market rubbers on to get it through the MOT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUBBER-NON-SL...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ea79c4187
My dad found one in the end... On the sixth Lag he found in the scrapyard. On the clutch pedal. Of course, almost every car this age on the road probably has more worn rubbers than the one which was on the car to start with, but at least it'll shut up Mr. Pedantic.

Not that I'll take it back there. It looks like I'll miss the retest window anyway. Next time, it's going back to the usual, friendly place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts