Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all had a strange situation on Thursday, (2001 scenic 1.6 petrol) was driving along then car started to act really sluggish, misfiring, RED engine light and STOP light coming on intermittent, not sure what it was. managed to nurse her home (about 10 miles). went to local garage, who said coil straight away, was not convinced as had coil trouble before and the emission light came on and not the \stop light and was not as violent as this , by that I mean the kangaroo effect, done the coil check and number 4 was the culprit, lucky had coils in car as replaced them when I bought the car from past experience. all sorted now, apart from water leak when we had a downpour last week.

·
Sexy at 71 super duper mod..
23,902 Posts
I found when I changed all 4 on my son in laws scenic a long time ago was water gets down the plug tube and causes the coil to short against the tube wall..that may have been why the coil failed for you..:smile2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I thought, as there was signs of water around the top of the engine, as I say we had torrential rain that got in to passenger foot well and on top of suspension strut I noticed that the rubber seal on top of the scuttle area was not lying flat against the windscreen so put some sealer on, hopefully no more water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts