Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my knowledgable chums!

A quickie here if you don't mind, relating to the good old Cavalier.

Smoke. Now as far as I knew my car doesn't smoke (the driver does but thats another matter). But just a few minutes ago I was accelerating quite hard up an incline on a dual carriageway, and behind me was another car. What I noticed in the mirrors was what seemed a large plume of smoke fom my car being illuminated by the other car's headlights. I doubt very much that it was just steam or whatever from the engine/exhaust as the engine was properly warmed up (I'd been out driving for over an hour) so I'm a bit baffled really... I thought petrol engines only smoked when they are worn, usually blue smoke, but hey I'm no expert! During the day there's not a trace that I've ever noticed. Unless I can't see it in me mirrors in daylight of course! :confused:

I'd be greatly interested by any thoughts :)

Cheers, Bob

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been overfuelling recently, but I thought I'd cracked that issue. Just been serviced recently too, so maybe its back to the drawing board then :(

Cheers for your reply :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
a faulty coolant temp sensor could cause overfueling. then again the snoke may only be visable when headlights are shining on it, therefore making you think theres a problem. i have a 2010 megane and sometimes when bright lights are behind i see a little smoke on acceleration. but nothing during the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts