Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , im have Renault Megane 3 1.4 Tce Coupe (2010) Model ) just asking if i put Diesel engine on it , do i still have to change computer box , engine code H4j , the one i wanna do conversion with is 2.0DCI M9RG.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,016 Posts
Not being an expert but I suspect yes you would have to change it.
You might also encounter problems with the brakes and suspension.
You would probably be better off changing the car.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,509 Posts
as @KingWhiskers has aluded too, there are a few problems you will encounter
1. All the ECU's will have to come with the engine from the donor vehicle
2. You will have a heavier lump up front therefore you will have to improve the suspension at the front end
3. You will have more power, therefore more speed and will therefore need better brakes
4. You will probably have to change the clutch for a dual mass clutch

truly you would be better off buying the car you want with the engine you want and have the manufacturers do all the hard stuff for you

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
HI

insurance and DVLA will also be an issue. Engine swaps are not viewed favorably these days.

Al

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not saying you should but from someone who has converted from petrol to diesel in the past, you will require a complete doner vehicle, there will be multiple obscure parts that you didn't know you needed so having a complete vehicle will make it whole lot easier then trying to find these parts for sale. With regards to changing v5, If you have a garage do the work dvla will require recite from garage, if you diy it you'll have to get an engineers report. After you've changed your v5 you get issues with insurance and ordering parts as your vehicle will always default to the original petrol. You will also devalue your vehicle, conversions like this are generally frowned upon due to the complications they can throw up. In short would I do it again, f##k no!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts