Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoot me down guys but I am trying to replace the clutch and DMF on my wife's Pug 807 2.2 HDI. The Clio and Scenic are both fine. On the new dual mass flywheel there is about 20mm of free rotation measured at the rim before the springs engage, the factor doesn't know if this is a fault or just a characteristic of these flywheels. Has anyone got more experience than me of DMF's? I should have got a professional to do it, access is so restricted. Many thanks, Wyn B

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
20mm doesn't sound excessive,as long as the flywheel wasn't causing any noise or vibration prior to the clutch change then you should be OK.

Having said that,once you disturb these things they do have a habit of biting you on the ar$e soon afterwards,it's got to the stage on many makes and models where if you change the clutch the flywheel gets changed too as a matter of course.I wouldn't class the HDi so much in this though as they are usually pretty reliable,but it is always a bit of a gamble to go to the hassle of changing the clutch and not replacing the flywheel.

That probably doesn't help you out much though.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.