Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have 2 Espaces (1 mine (n reg 96, 1 doing up (m reg 95).
The turbo in mine seems a lot livelier than in the M reg. I am led to believe a replacement engine was fitted a bit ago.
So the question is, are different turbos fitted to this engine (2068 TD) depending on model and age. I'm og the opinion it's weak and might benefit from another one but don't wan't to try and source one if it's not going to make a difference. The turbo on the M reg works except for low end revs. Mine (the n reg) just seems like it's totally different and sounds alot sweeter and whistles it's head off at all revs.
Another point, the M reg (older dash) turbo gauge goes into the red at high revs, the N reg doesn't.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Gang

Graham

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
check the waste gate /dump vave on the one that goes into the red mate sounds like its boosting ok just where is it going ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine (the n reg) just seems like it's totally different and sounds alot sweeter and whistles it's head off at all revs.
Ooops! Whistles??? Blown pipe somewhere between the Turbo, the intercooler and inlet manifold?? or a hole in the intercooler

Another point, the M reg (older dash) turbo gauge goes into the red at high revs, the N reg doesn't.
Eh shouldn't make it as far as the red! Faulty sensor or wastegate Will go bang if you continue to put it in the red!!!! Condition known as overboosting! will Melt a piston crown or summat equally as horrific?

Easy to test you fit an inline Tee to the rubber pipe that runs from the turbo to the top of the injector pump (this pipe enriches fuel air mixture by pressure opening a valve so only tee in and make sure that it doesn't leak pressure) and fit a pressure gauge 0 to 30PSI is good and you "shoulsn't see boost pressure of over 15psi MAX

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I take it the turbos are all the same on the phase 2's.
I don't think it's overboosting. It's week if anything. When I said "whistling" I meant the normal noise turbos make. I don't know the correct term.
I bang another one on from scrappers.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Graham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts