Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi here are some pics of my gardens, its no Chelsea flower show and there still not at there best but heres hoping the weather is going to be good from here in.Does anyone one else have any pics of there gardens ive done a post like this before but could not find it so heres another:d ;)

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
That looks really nice Donald, any secret choccy hoards hidden away there? ;)
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
great looking garden you've got there donald
Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Puts mine to shame - out the front I have a concrete area and out the back it's a three tiered terraced garden, going down, which is not very safe for the kids. Thats the problem when you live in Hastings, there's nowhere flat.

I am hoping to do something with them eventually. Hoping to deck the front which will save me having to break up all the concrete thats there. With the back I'd like to dig everything up and lay a shed load of gravel on every possible space of earth and maybe just plant some heathers or the like and make a bit of a rockery.

Hopefully the landlord might pay a little of the cost:crazy:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks really nice Donald, any secret choccy hoards hidden away there? ;)
Regards Leroy
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i used to have a alpine plant that smelt of chocolate but it gave up the ghost:( called it the chocolate plant:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Very Nice Donald.

Your Buddleia will look well when it is in flower lots of butterflys eh and the scent from it mmm, what one is it ?

You look comfortable sitting on the bench :) . Get a lovely perfume from the lily .

Clematis, One of my all time favourites, I have many from early alpinas to the late flowering ones they can fill a garden and can add colour for most of the year .

Good work Donald enjoy your garden, You can get many things from a garden I find it very relaxing to potter about or just laze in an evening enjoying the fragrances and the insects going about their tasks .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very Nice Donald.

Your Buddleia will look well when it is in flower lots of butterflys eh and the scent from it mmm, what one is it ?

You look comfortable sitting on the bench :) . Get a lovely perfume from the lily .

Clematis, One of my all time favourites, I have many from early alpinas to the late flowering ones they can fill a garden and can add colour for most of the year .

Good work Donald enjoy your garden, You can get many things from a garden I find it very relaxing to potter about or just laze in an evening enjoying the fragrances and the insects going about their tasks .

Regards

Ottoman

Hi the buddleia is called Lochinch and its purple yes your are right you cant beat sitting and working in the garden from spring on pure heaven

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good Donald, our Clematis is doing well this year, the honeysuckle and passion flower will come good in a month I think
Cheers Chris yes i like Honeysuckle as well i took mine near back to ground level last Autumn as it was going out of control on me but its about 6 foot again:crazy:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ours is growing up an ugly pipe on the corner of the building, I planning to hide as much as I can
Yes there good for that if you are ever looking for a good covering climbing plant get a Russian Vine its called "mile a minute" and i can tell you that it does just that:) but watch as it can be very invasive if not looked after

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the passion flower is good for that too
Nice one, i have never had it, another good one is a Clematis but the montana type they grow like no other but you must give them a good shaded root they love this and will thrive

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Puts mine to shame - out the front I have a concrete area and out the back it's a three tiered terraced garden, going down, which is not very safe for the kids. Thats the problem when you live in Hastings, there's nowhere flat.

I am hoping to do something with them eventually. Hoping to deck the front which will save me having to break up all the concrete thats there. With the back I'd like to dig everything up and lay a shed load of gravel on every possible space of earth and maybe just plant some heathers or the like and make a bit of a rockery.

Hopefully the landlord might pay a little of the cost:crazy:
Hi scatz roma was not built in a day as they say:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Some pics just taken from my garden, The wind has blasted it about a bit today.

I have Loch inch Donald a lovely one I cut mine hard back each spring, I have a number of Honeysuckles some their fragrance fills the air and a haven for the wild life.

Lavender & thrift beside the small fountain

One of my many Poppies, I have a thing for poppies just love them.

One of my Many Clematis the oldest plant in my garden this has being in many of my gardens traveled from house to house over many years " Nellie Moser " my Favorite plants are Clematis.

A view of the garden my Buddleia Loch Inch just to the left of Nellie Moser Clematis]

Another view showing Honeysuckle over the shed

Another Clematis Dr Ruppel showing signs of wilt this year, I will cut it to ground level after flowering hopefully it will cure the wilt.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Some pics just taken from my garden, The wind has blasted it about a bit today.

I have Loch inch Donald a lovely one I cut mine hard back each spring, I have a number of Honeysuckles some their fragrance fills the air and a haven for the wild life.

Lavender & thrift beside the small fountain

One of my many Poppies, I have a thing for poppies just love them.

One of my Many Clematis the oldest plant in my garden this has being in many of my gardens traveled from house to house over many years " Nellie Moser " my Favorite plants are Clematis.

A view of the garden my Buddleia Loch Inch just to the left of Nellie Moser Clematis]

Another view showing Honeysuckle over the shed

Another Clematis Dr Ruppel showing signs of wilt this year, I will cut it to ground level after flowering hopefully it will cure the wilt.

Regards

Ottoman

Great Otto, that garden its a credit to you very well established and iam sure the aroma around it in the summer evenings are bliss,i have planted stock this year just for this reason so heres hoping it does its job i have many roses with scent as well either first thing in the morning or late evening what a spectacular view and smell

1 - 20 of 339 Posts