Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a decent full image of the above engine looking down from a 1.2 clio X reg showing all the engine components.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not really, bloke in Geordie land is helping me (via msn) to possibly fix my bust timing belt but we are having a bit of a confused chat as my engine does not appear to be the same as his, if he cansee a picture it might help. i cant get to the car till tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
D7F Timing Belt

Replaced a broken belt on an X reg D7F engine last weekend but after fitting, unfortunately noisy with low comptression. 2 exhaust and 1 inlet valve were bent. Took head off and replaced them. Car is OK now. Haynes Manual is not very clear so had to remeber how it came apart. Unfortunately the car is back together, so a picture won't show much as the covers are on. Any particular bit you are stick with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i'm okay now, i need a pic to send to someone for advice. I got the head off yesterday and will tackle the valves this week.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
The D7f engine is the same as mine mate.

I can help you over msn fully now. The valves will be bent but to confirm this you can either look at them (some may be obvious) or lap them in using grinding paste.

You will see where te valve has been grinding around the outside of the valve itself.. if this is uneven then it's bent.

Barry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts