Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a night!!
I blagged a free ticket to the Syd Barrett celebration show and who should wander onto the stage? Roger Waters. Played a couple of numbers and disappeared and then to close the show, completely unannounced, Pink Floyd back together for two songs in a special tribute to Syd.
unbelievable, grown men where weeping! and I've got video footage of it too:d see ya on ebay;)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I must admit,I don't 'GET' Pink Floyd....:eek:

Their drummer is a top bloke,though!.He has a collection of Ferraris,including a 250GTO worth around £6 million!.They must have shifted a serious amount of records.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I found them purely by accident at a certain point in my life, they weren't much of an influence as i was growing up though.

Give them a listen Lag and i bet you get hooked ;)

Post a video DL pretty please :eek:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
When I was at school(a few years ago:rolleyes:),I was given a copy of 'The Wall' soundtrack.......I tried to get into it,but just couldn't........some songs are OK,but some miss me by miles.:eek:

I've listened to a few of their other albums,but still can't feel 'IT',if you know what I mean.I do respect them greatly,but I don't think they're for me.I am rediscovering my musical past though,so maybe I will see the light soon!:)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Ditto. I have The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here on CD, and I've tried and tried to listen to all of them. I can listen to a fair bit of them and even enjoy most of it, but then I always hit a bit that just annoys me and I have to switch off.

I have a few albums from other artists that give me similar problems (Play by Moby is a good example) but all of the Pink Floyd stuff seems to have this effect on me.

The best bit of Pink Floyd I can think of is Comfortably Numb. Then again, I'm thinking of the Scissor Sisters cover version. :p

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......not the Scissor Sisters!

:eek::eek::eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must admit,I don't 'GET' Pink Floyd....:eek:
I was the same Lag, I kinda "dabbled" in them and then one day, ZAP! it hit me.

Just got back from Roger Waters at Earls Court, Fabulous!
a smidge under three hours on stage. sound,images and atmosphere where top rate :cool:

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Tell me how good it was...... I'm so jealous :eek:
Went last night SB. Waters was excellent, lots of Wall and early stuff in the 1st half and Dark side for the second half with Mason on drums. I was close enough to the stage to feel the heat from the pyrotechnics and my hearing has just returned. Flying pigs too.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Nice one,CM.:)

Glad to hear you had a good time.......but you must have forgotten that the Eurovision Song Contest was on when you booked your tickets.:d.If you think Pink Floyd were good,you should have seen the acts on TV last night!:rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts