Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the Italian and Spanish press, Nelson Piquet has been quoted as expressing frustration about his role alongside Fernando Alonso at Renault.

With pressure mounting on the 23-year-old Brazilian to show better in comparison to the 2005 and 2006 World Champion, Piquet reportedly admitted that the French team is built up around his Spanish team-mate.
:MORE @ http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090414134508.shtml

I wonder why they would do that :rolleyes: perhaps it's because Fernando's test laps are so consistent....or maybe because his technical feedback to the team is so good...........or just perhaps it's because there are too many walls and not enough Renaults :d

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Piquet needs support not pressure – father

Nelson Piquet needs support rather than intense pressure if he is going to permanently turn around a run of poor form.

That is the insistence of the 23-year-old Brazilian's namesake and famous father, 56-year-old triple world champion Nelson Piquet Snr.

Observers in Bahrain were questioning the level of support being provided for the struggling Brazilian by Flavio Briatore.
:MORE @ http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090428111330.shtml

Personally I reckon it's time the dads stayed at home and stopped sticking their oar in. It seems that fathers in the garage are becoming the latest fashion accessory and at the end of the day they get in the bl00dy way all to often...They're all big boys now, and need to get on with their job, not worry about what daddy is going to say when they get back to the garage.

As for Piglet, he had a good race in Bahrain (qualifying wasn't so hot tho :rolleyes:, but then I seem to recall he had one good race last year too. I really hope that he pulls it together and can bring his team some results, but TBH I don't think he's got it in him to play with the big boys in the fast cars

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The frustrating thing about this is that he has shown he can do the job,but I agree that he doesn't seem able to compete consistantly and I don't think he ever will unless he takes a step back and gets more experience.There are plenty of other young drivers out there that deserve a chance,so the problem is that if he losses his job at Renault then he will probably never get the chance in F1 again.It's pretty harsh,but it's always been the way,some don't even get the chance so when you are given it you have to make the most of it,Piglet certaintly hasn't.It must be difficult to compete with Alonso though,he is an exceptional driver and of course the team is built around him,unless Piglet seems to be making progress (which if anything,the opposite has happened) then he will be left behind.

I do feel a little sorry for him,but that is F1.When you debut in a decent car you either come in and kick ar$e straight away,or your kicked out!.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Piquet Snr sticking up for Piquet Jr

Nelson Piquet's famous father believes the Renault driver performed strongly at the recent Spanish Grand Prix.

Piquet finished seven places behind Fernando Alonso in Barcelona, but he pointed out after the race that unlike his team-mate he is not yet driving the ‘fully updated car’.
:MORE @ http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090514155624.shtml

Oh come on Nelson, you know better than that. Teams don't make good cars for one driver and bad cars for another. They may not get all the latest updates on both cars all the time, but it's not a deliberate ploy to hold back the second driver. You're just making excuses for the kid

As for the diffuser.....take a look at this photo, taken in Spain. for identification purposes Piglet is in the second car with the yellow flashes on the rollhoop camera

Now take a look at this one. That ladies and gentlemen is a double decker diffuser on a car with a yellow rollhoop camera

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Piquet learning to deal with ongoing Briatore criticism

Nelson Piquet has told a Dutch magazine that he is now accustomed to Renault boss Flavio Briatore's unique style of driver management.

The Brazilian, whose future has regularly been the subject of intense speculation this season, explained that in his nearly 18 months with the French squad, he has learned how to ‘deal with’ Briatore's famous public critiques.
:MORE @ http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090515120921.shtml

Good.........now that pressure is off your shoulders, perhaps you can get on with drivin the feckin car :rolleyes:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Piglet's future remains uncertain

Nelson Piquet's future with Renault remains uncertain after team boss Flavio Briatore said he could not confirm who would be driving his second car at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Piquet was surrounded by rumours that he could be dropped after the German race, having failed to score the necessary points that would have contractually guaranteed his slot with the team.
:MORE @ http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76961
"We've had insignificant problems, bad luck, that compromised many results, but they forget that at Renault. I understand Briatore being unhappy, but it's not only my fault. This is a difficult job, I try to keep my head cool, without putting too much pressure on myself."
It's been a difficult season for the entire team.....Job cuts...salary cuts....a car that didn't perform as well as expected.....politics in F1....will Renault continue:crazy:

I'm sure everyone in the team is just, if not more worried as you are, but do what everone else is doing, get on with the job.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Piquet and Briatore in war of words

A war of words between Renault boss Flavio Briatore and Nelson Piquet has increased speculation that the Brazilian driver is unlikely to finish the season with the team.
:MORE @ http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77393

"Flavio is a business man, but he doesn't understand s*** about F1," Piquet was quoted as saying by the Italian magazine. "He's my manager, but in his role of team boss he doesn't respect me.

:eek: That might prove not to be the smartest move you've ever made Nelson :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Piquet confirms Renault departure

Nelson Piquet has been told his services are no longer required by Renault, meaning he is unlikely to race in the forthcoming European Grand Prix, regardless of whether the team win an appeal against their suspension from the event.

Piquet, who began his competitive Formula One career with Renault in 2008, has endured a tough 2009 campaign, failing to score in the ten races to date, and has faced mounting speculation over his future with the team.

Click here to read more »

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The full statement from Nelson Piquet

I have received notice from the Renault F1 team of its intention to stop me from driving for them in the current F1 season. I want to say thanks to the small group who supported me and that I worked together at Renault F1, although it is obviously with great disappointment that I receive such news. But, at the same time, I feel a sense of relief for the end of the worst period of my career, and the possibility that I can now move on and put my career back on the right track and try to recover my reputation of a fast, winning driver. I am a team player and there are dozens of people I have worked with in my career who would vouch for my character and talent, except unfortunately the person that has had the most influence on my career in Formula 1.
:MORE @ http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77539

Oh behave :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Noooooooo.....Piglet,come back!

Who's going to brighten up F1 for me now?.Oh yeah,thingys coming back int 'e?.:rofl:

Bye Piglet,it's been.....erm......mmm......smashing!.Just think of the money Renault will save on carbon fibre now.:d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Piglets career in pictures......

He did have one good race though.....or should that be one lucky race?.

:d

·
Registered
9 Posts
kkkkk......piglet was funny.....

I'm a brazilian guy....I now piquet father rules, but piglet son...come on.... kkkk.....

I agree with you when you said about it's time to daddy stay at home waiting, but as they were trying to buy a BMW to his son be the 1st pilot, I believe this happen..

About piglet son...I always know about him: Never was a Prime Pilot (As his father always sell)....I believe only one pilot from Brazil will be a very nice representation: Lucas Di Grassi.

Let's see if this guy will have a chance in another year...If not, probably we'll lose him to DTM..unfortunatelly...

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
Romain Grosjean to race for Renault

Renault have announced that third driver Romain Grosjean will race for the team at this weekend's European Grand Prix, and for the rest of the 2009 season. Grosjean will drive alongside Fernando Alonso and replaces Nelson Piquet, who revealed he had parted company with the squad earlier this month.

"I am very proud that Renault have given me the chance to become a race driver,? said Grosjean. ?I'm looking forward to driving the R29 and helping the team get the best results possible. It's also an honour to be Fernando's

Click here to read more »

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Renault confirms Grosjean in, Piquet out

Renault has confirmed that Romain Grosjean will see out the season for the French car manufacturer, after the team finally acknowledged it was parting ways with Nelson Piquet on Tuesday.

As AUTOSPORT predicted last week, Grosjean has been given the nod to step up to F1 as Fernando Alonso's team-mate, after the team felt it could no longer continue with Piquet.
:MORE @ http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77740

1 - 20 of 21 Posts